ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
QUOTE (rotax00 @ Jan 5 2009, 04:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=24105i have a tm 45 i was wondering how big of power diffrence it will make and what do i need 2 do to my carb?
rotox00 i had talk to someone on doing this to my 450 and they said id gain two to five more hp if this is correct you can do some mods to get that kind of gain. just a idea to think over.

·
Registered
221 Posts
QUOTE (UBETRUN @ Jan 6 2009, 09:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=24393Is that 10% HP, 10% TQ, or both?

On Raptors, we've only seen around 5% HP but closer to 10% TQ using 39mm FCRs converted to alky.

That was 10% hp at peak. Higher in some spots earlier before peak. I know this brought up the torque because of the hp increase, I just didn't look to see how much.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Most everyone I know that's running alky on a Raptor is using 39mm FCRs. TQ is much higher in the lower RPMs but not so much gain on top which makes me wonder if they aren't capable of flowing enough alky to realize 10% HP increases. On your machines, did you find that kind of power increases on the lean or rich side with alky?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Just a touch rich. The smaller tm45 keeps the port speed up more than the bigger carbs. But I can make about as much power with the duels on gas as this little carb make on alky. This means that the motor is wanting more air and you just get more power by giveing it alky (with more oxygen) with the smaller carb. I'm not sure you would get as big a gain on the duels on alky because they are ready flowing more air , as you would with the smaller carb that is more restrictive and needing more.

·
Registered
119 Posts
QUOTE (THEBOM @ Jan 8 2009, 08:24 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=24626Just a touch rich. The smaller tm45 keeps the port speed up more than the bigger carbs. But I can make about as much power with the duels on gas as this little carb make on alky. This means that the motor is wanting more air and you just get more power by giveing it alky (with more oxygen) with the smaller carb. I'm not sure you would get as big a gain on the duels on alky because they are ready flowing more air , as you would with the smaller carb that is more restrictive and needing more.

That makes sense, thank you sir!

·
Registered
73 Posts
QUOTE (THEBOM @ Jan 8 2009, 05:24 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=24626Just a touch rich. The smaller tm45 keeps the port speed up more than the bigger carbs. But I can make about as much power with the duels on gas as this little carb make on alky. This means that the motor is wanting more air and you just get more power by giveing it alky (with more oxygen) with the smaller carb. I'm not sure you would get as big a gain on the duels on alky because they are ready flowing more air , as you would with the smaller carb that is more restrictive and needing more.

Im thinking about doung the swich to alky also just for racing and switch back to gas on the dune weekends I have duel 40mm lectrons on the bike now I realise I will need new needles and drill out the powerjets or just take them out but I need to no what else I will need to do the swich? like fuel pump,pingle ect? The bike is a DS730 with big valves big hpr cams and advanced timing 14to1 compression

thanks Brian

·
Registered
579 Posts
QUOTE (PIPELAYER @ Jan 8 2009, 11:42 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=24673Im thinking about doung the swich to alky also just for racing and switch back to gas on the dune weekends I have duel 40mm lectrons on the bike now I realise I will need new needles and drill out the powerjets or just take them out but I need to no what else I will need to do the swich? like fuel pump,pingle ect? The bike is a DS730 with big valves big hpr cams and advanced timing 14to1 compression

thanks Brian

Alky needles and seats, pingel fuel valve, adjust powerjets and go ride.

·
Premium Member
2,926 Posts
seats are easy, no need to send them in, just pull your bowls everything is self explanatory once you get the bowls off.

once you put the alky seats in you will need to make sure your fuel is off when the bike is not running. the alky seat allows more fuel to pass through and will sometimes allow the carbs to fill the cylinders with fuel.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Anyone running a TM48 on alky and nitrous? What would I need to set mine with the 48 up for alky? Would it do ok with alky and nitrous? Been thinking about running alky. I'm the only one at the shop that is still on gas.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.