ATV Drag Racer Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
these r some picks of my saber496 ,it has seen numerous 150-160 hp turbo dyno runs, 40 shoots of nos, ran lean ,ran out of gas ,just because it pulls so much fuel and the gas tank was not big enough . i cant count how many track and test passes and its been on the crazy country ride 4 fun. keep in mined this motor was a test motor from day one 4 sabers. the motor has been beat on for years now ,ever sense the saber has came out. this is one of the first saber motors built . i pulled it apart to continue pushing the envelope on it , i am amazed at how good of shape this thing is in ,after all these years same piston and rings and still has the same compression and leak down sense day one. never touched ., these pics is just the way i pulled the jug off no cleaning at all if my new saber engine can last this long i will be a old man be for i touch it . i have this motor 4 testing so the other one will never see the abuse this engine has lol

Attachments

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this is the carb every one said is to big but every time i went up on carb size i gained horse power and torque (btw) yes that is a quarter in there

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Whats those three holes above your exhaust? Only thing I can think of, it's for easier starting?

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Haha, I have ran my saber out of fuel more times than I care to count. Every time I tear it down it amazes me at how clean it is inside. They are truly bullet proof...

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
That looks good Frank nice and clean for sure, can't belive it with the all the boost and juice you put to it.

Nice job on tuning for sure.

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
QUOTE (dajogejr @ Aug 4 2008, 02:30 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=7361Just goes to show you...proper tuning AND setup, and these motors run.

It's not rocket science, just common sense (luck for you...Sonny...lol)

It ain't some chicken [censored] little banshee like yours...lol

My saber goes through a 2 gallon tank in 3 passes. You figure out how to flow that much fuel through a carburetor...

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
KOOLGUY, I NOW WHAT YOU MEAN .I RUN 1.5 GAL TANK AND ONE PASS ITS ALMOST GONE . I RUN 2 FUEL BOWELS , ONE 2 FEED THE MANE JET AND THE OTHER TO FEED THE 3 POWER JETS . IF YOU LOOK AT THE CYLINDER AND HEAD IT IS CLEAN AS A WIESEL, SO THAT TELLS YOU IT'S BURNING EVERY BIT OF THE METH .THE PIP IS JUST AS CLEAN NO OIL OR METH IN THEIR ETHER . I THINK THATS ONE REASON THESE MOTORS LAST SO LONG .THINK ABOUT HOW MUCH OIL IS BEING PUMPED THREW THE ENGINE AT ONE TIME . MY SABER WILL BUST A PLUG WAY BEFORE IT GETS TO LEAN TO HURT THE ENGINE

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
KEV THOSE 3 LITTLE HOLES R TOP SECRET LOL . THE HOLES WORKED WITH THE POWER VALVE, THEY RUN STRAIT TRUE THE POWER VALVE OUT THE EXOSIT TO RELIVE CRANKING COMPRESSION. WIN THE POWER VALVE OPENED UP IT CLOSED THE HOLES OFF . YOU KNOW HOW HARD A SABER IS TO KICK KNOW IMAGEN KICKING IT WITH THE POWER VALVE IN AND THE EXHAUST ALL MOST CLOSED IT WORKS QUITE WELL . THATS ONE OF GP RACERS TRICKS HE WAS THE ORIGINAL BUILDER OF THIS MOTOR AND I COMMEND HIM ON HIS WORK IT HAS O SOME OF THE NICE'S MACHINE WORK ON THE IN SIDE THAT I HAVE SEEN .I HAVE PUNISHED THIS MOTOR IN TESTING AND DYNO RUNS , AND HE PUMPED IT FULL OF BOOST AS WELL ON DYNO RUNS. NOT SO MUCH THE FIRST SCRAPE OR SCUFF ON THE CYLINDER OR PISTON

·
Registered
148 Posts
QUOTE (carolina shaker @ Aug 5 2008, 06:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=7536HA ,I DON'T KNOW BUT HE MUST BE A HONDA GUY WITH THAT ONE BOOT STYLE .LOL WHATS UP KEV

haha not much... you know my saber still has the original crank, cylinder in it simply amazing

caint say the same thing about the tranny though

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
QUOTE (Graces @ Aug 5 2008, 08:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=7538ha ha not much... you know my saber still has the original crank, cylinder in it simply amazing

cant say the same thing about the tyranny though

HA I GOT 2 SETS OF CASES WITH QUICK CHANGE HOLES FOR THE TRANS LOL . I GAVE YOU A CALL THE OTHER DAY JUST CANT NEVER REMEMBER TO CALL YOU BACK BY THE TIME I DO, ITS TO LATE IN THE EVENING. I NEED TO PUT A STRING ON MY FINGER

1 - 18 of 18 Posts