ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the best way to do this sand paper cement floors sand blasting ? is there such a thing as to rough ? any help would be appreciated thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright ill give that 120 a try are you saying circular pattern around the circumfrance of the plate or tiny little swirls ? clockwise or counterclockwise matter ?

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
QUOTE (morse250r @ Dec 21 2008, 09:36 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=21714alright ill give that 120 a try are you saying circular pattern around the circumfrance of the plate or tiny little swirls ? clockwise or counterclockwise matter ?

Yes in a circular motion and i dont think it matter which way you just want enought to make the plates grab harder.

sorry it's still early and i need more coffee.

·
Registered
230 Posts
We use scotchbrite surface prep disc medium or red/purple in color with very little pressure. We tried the 120 grit disc and it was to course. The main thing you need to consider is to knock off the glaze of the steels.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE (1700camaro @ Dec 21 2008, 09:32 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=21734We use scotchbrite surface prep disc medium or red/purple in color with very little pressure. We tried the 120 grit disc and it was to course. The main thing you need to consider is to knock off the glaze of the steels.
auto store ? im guessing they are really new but at the dyno i must have glazed em mid way they slip for a split second

·
Registered
767 Posts
QUOTE (1700camaro @ Dec 21 2008, 11:32 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=21734We use scotchbrite surface prep disc medium or red/purple in color with very little pressure. We tried the 120 grit disc and it was to course. The main thing you need to consider is to knock off the glaze of the steels.

This is exactly how I do the steels. It ends up putting a nice finish across the direction that the fibers will run.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.