ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this post shouldnt surprise anyone. I just got a brand new set of show chrome 1 out each side, BB silenced pipes and guess what......the flange fits really loose onto the cylinders. Also where the pipe crosses the frame it hits the frame and is bascially impossible to get it to sit up off the frame and still be on the cylinder straight.

So once again. Thanks Matt for over priced garbage.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yup, my shearer pipes fit like shiz and the chrome is less than desireable. Oh well, what cha gonna do?

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
Thats funny my cheap CPI's fit just fine.....lol

Hope you can get them figure out Dave I.

·
Registered
153 Posts
My CPI's rub the frame on the inside of the expansion chamber and the bolt flanges have cracked on both sides.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I tell you what guys, after just dealing with CPI for fixing my out of frames, I'm selling my shearer's and buying cpi's. I crashed my bike and folded the pipes almost in half. I thought they were unfixable. But I gave cpi a call and they said send them in so I did. Within the first half hour they received them I got a call telling me they were all done.I got them back and am more than happy with the way they came out. And what made it even better was that they only charged me $53.00 to fix them and ship them back to me. How can you beat that service.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I may have to call them and see what they will do. I can weld them no problem but it's going to ruin the chrome.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
my rdzs hit the frame alittle, but the flanges where nice!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I know im the odd man out and I run a drag frame but I never had any problems with my same sided show chromes,they fit nicely and the chrome never flaked and always blinged,I got mine new going on 3 years ago.wow cant believe its been that long

G

·
QUOTE (gipperz @ Aug 22 2008, 06:17 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8926Man that sucks, anyone else make a good pipe with out the problems?
White Knuckle Racing makes some great pipes. Never have a problem with flanges.

In the pictures with two pipes. The bottom pipe is Shears. A lot smaller than White Knuckle's.

The White Knuckle pipes are used on my 20mm DM 710cc motor.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
All you guys complaining about Shearer Custom Pipes get on the phone and call Mat Shearer before you cry and complain on here. Mat wil fix the problem. I have only run Shearer pipes on my bikes. I never run CPIs. I get my pipes direct from Shearer and never have problems. Some dealers sell you a set of pipes that might not completely work on your appilcation but will sell them to you. I had a problem once with chrome from a dealer and Mat took care of it. Never will I buy from a dealer. Buy direct and never have a problem. The White Knuckle pipes silencer look just like Shearer silencers. Every motor takes a different pipes. They make work but due to differnt applications you will run into fitment problems. You can't buy big bore and expect to fit on a cub. The big bore were designed for the 535cc motor. So when you call and tell them it is for a specific motor they can change them.

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
Methy...
Without a doubt... I had a seam split on a brand new set of pipes. Sent it back, had it back in about 5 to 6 days after he got it.

Here's the problem.... From MI to California is 25 to 40 to ship it. I shouldn't have to eat that...it's the middle of racing season and I'm not taking them off to wait right now for the chrome...

I'll get them stripped and re-chromed myself by a local guy. I've seen sets of pipes he's done years later and they look mint still...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts