ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone ever put a shift light on a banshee? I bracket race and wasw looking for a way too be more consistant.
if so what brand was it and how did you hook it up. Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump i really need your help guys

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok cool how much do they cost i dont want too spend alot of money

·
Registered
68 Posts
The dyna FS is $240 new on ebay and the shift light is auto meter quik light $45. The programming kit is another $99. These prices are what it would cost for it all new stuff. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dang thats a little much right now with my income lol.
do you think there is another way too hook up a shift light
that has the digital read out in built into the light.
thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok thanks man you have been a big help

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes i can buti ran a 8.99 on one run then i waited too long from 4-5 and ran a 9.24 so i think it would help

·
Registered
68 Posts
A shift light will help when running bracket races as will a air shifter. The more consistant you are at running your dial in the harder it is for someone to beat you. You also need to consistant on the tree getting good lights as well and that takes plenty of practice. Good Luck

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks guys the track i race at is an hour and a half away and i get too qualifying runs then
you race and you can buy back in the first and second round.
ther is a track 15 min from the house but i work nights so i cant go
up there and practice right now. but thanks for all of yaws advice.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ya the first few shifts are pretty fast lol. how did you wire it up on your bike man?

·
Registered
767 Posts
If I was going to do a shift light, I would go ahead and just put a RPM activated switch for the shifter and let the bike run itself. But that would take away from the fun of it all. Unless something funny happens to the starting line, we can run within .03 almost every pass. The track is not going to be the same every pass, so it's always going to be a little bit of a crap shoot. Having the bike setup (clutch and tires) will help more than anything. But as stated you just need more seat time. Once you ride one for awhile it becomes second nature and your foot just shifts.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i called autometer today and they said they dont make a tach or shift light
that will work with a cdi ignition lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.