ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked these up with a bit of body rust & oxidation. Rest of the shocks are like in new condition so that wasn't a prob..
Springs are getting powdercoated black this week so the shock body should bling out behind the spring.
Here's some before & current pics..

·
Registered
18 Posts
QUOTE (ClimbAnyHill @ Nov 10 2008, 04:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=15626Picked these up with a bit of body rust & oxidation. Rest of the shocks are like in new condition so that wasn't a prob..
Springs are getting powdercoated black this week so the shock body should bling out behind the spring.
Here's some before & current pics..

I would think about a coat of clear. Remember that they will rust even faster now that they have been polished.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wait till you see the finished product.. those pix were the halfway point.
Hit them with a final buff, they now longer look polished, they look chrome now! When finished I wiped them down with acetone & hit em with clear coat! Also got busy on these.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I did the polishing & JD Customs did the springs. I don't powdercoat. Flip the shock upsidedown, compress the spring & you can remove that bottom retainer. Your shock components will slide out the bottom!

Works Shocks is just down the street from me.. I called & asked for shock decals & Donna said, "Come on over and pick some up free of charge." Cool people!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.