ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I tried contacting them on a set 12" wheels. They were didn't seem too interested in helping me and acting like I was bothering them. I also had a friend buy a set of wheels with them and had a bunch of problems with them.

They don't seem to be very friendly on the phone.

In fact, the guy was supposed to email me pictures of all the wheels and yea that never happened.

I know I am not the 1st person to complain about their custom service.

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
Odd...
Every time I've worked with Inland, I've heard their side of the story as well. Which....always tells a little different story.

I've had Guy @ Inland go above and beyond the call of duty. Between warranty on parts due to customer neglect, or making up for a shipping mistake (which...anyone that ships out thousands of parts a month is bound to make)

Who did you talk to at Inland, when was it? Please provide me some details, and I'll be happy to get back to you.

I can tell you this, it's tough to hire good counter help and keep them. Every time I talk to Guy...the owner, issues get settled...and settled quickly.
What kind of problem did your friend have?
If it's the same person I'm thinking of...I'll give you the real story. (Again, I might be way off base here, that's why I'm asking)
You/Your friend in SoCal by any chance?

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
I had the same problem with them a month ago. Just my .02 cents. I've had good luck with direct drive and sandtoyz unlimited. Let them sort out their sales problems for themselves.

·
Registered
534 Posts
It is VERY tough to hire / keep good counter help. At some point, the owner just cannot do it all. Unless you stay small enough to not have "retail location" overhead. Give Guy another chance, call and talk to his counter help, if you still do not recieve satisfactory service.... E-mail him. There are unreasonable amounts of requests piled onto business owners every day. I don't talk to the hundreds of people that call, or even walk into my shop every day. But I am the one that answers every E-mail or P.M., and that is because I can do it on my time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I talked to some girl right at first and then she transferred me to some other guy. They were both rude and acted like they didn't have time to talk to me. I asked the guy if he could email me pictures of all the spindle mount wheels they carry so I could decide exactly which ones I wanted. He sounded pissed about this. He said well you can just look on Boss Racing's website. I said, well all the wheels aren't on there. He says, yes they are. I said, well some friends of mine ordered some wheels from Boss Racing and the design they got was not on the website, and Boss said they haven't updated their website lately. I asked again, can I just give you my email address and you can email me some pictures when you get some free time. He said, yea I guess, but I got to finish opening the shop up and I will then email them to you. Guess what, NO EMAIL WITH PICTURES!

My buddy actually bought a set from them described and named the ones he wanted. They shipped him to him and he opened the package and they were the wrong ones. He called Inland and they were a pain in the [censored] when he tried to explain they shipped the wrong ones. They said they didn't but they were definitely not the ones he described and the name of the wheels he told them he wanted. He sent them back and they were returned to him stating they were not taking them back b/c they had been damaged during shipping. He said I never removed them from the package and used the same packing that Inland Atv used. My buddy dealt with the same girl I did. He said she was very rude and not willing to help out at all.

Then I called a couple weeks later to try and give them a 2nd chance at a sale and got the same treatment.

·
Registered
152 Posts
QUOTE (BA1125 @ Jul 26 2009, 02:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=51203I talked to some girl right at first and then she transferred me to some other guy. They were both rude and acted like they didn't have time to talk to me. I asked the guy if he could email me pictures of all the spindle mount wheels they carry so I could decide exactly which ones I wanted. He sounded pissed about this. He said well you can just look on Boss Racing's website. I said, well all the wheels aren't on there. He says, yes they are. I said, well some friends of mine ordered some wheels from Boss Racing and the design they got was not on the website, and Boss said they haven't updated their website lately. I asked again, can I just give you my email address and you can email me some pictures when you get some free time. He said, yea I guess, but I got to finish opening the shop up and I will then email them to you. Guess what, NO EMAIL WITH PICTURES!

My buddy actually bought a set from them described and named the ones he wanted. They shipped him to him and he opened the package and they were the wrong ones. He called Inland and they were a pain in the [censored] when he tried to explain they shipped the wrong ones. They said they didn't but they were definitely not the ones he described and the name of the wheels he told them he wanted. He sent them back and they were returned to him stating they were not taking them back b/c they had been damaged during shipping. He said I never removed them from the package and used the same packing that Inland Atv used. My buddy dealt with the same girl I did. He said she was very rude and not willing to help out at all.

Then I called a couple weeks later to try and give them a 2nd chance at a sale and got the same treatment.
I had a couple instances where I tried to do business with Inland and now very much regret it. I was poorly treated both times and in one case I could not make them understand why they should be responsible for return shipping when they shipped me the completely wrong, broken part.

Has anyone tried Direct Drive for the spindle mounts?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.