ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, this may seem a little off the normal drag atv q. but, i have a yamaha maxim 550 motor in a polaris trailblazer 250 chassi. my q is...i have a small 8" rim with golf cart tires on the back and the small sprocket from the polaris on the axle. i still have the yamaha maxim street bike sproket. if i put the yamaha sprocket on will i get more low end? the atv seems to have a good middle torque, but low and high end suck. or should i buy a monster sprocket for it, and which one? i am looking for more low end power. thanks for the advice. Joe

·
Banned
1,373 Posts
QUOTE (loolagigi @ Apr 25 2009, 06:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=39843hey guys, this may seem a little off the normal drag atv q. but, i have a yamaha maxim 550 motor in a polaris trailblazer 250 chassi. my q is...i have a small 8" rim with golf cart tires on the back and the small sprocket from the polaris on the axle. i still have the yamaha maxim street bike sproket. if i put the yamaha sprocket on will i get more low end? the atv seems to have a good middle torque, but low and high end suck. or should i buy a monster sprocket for it, and which one? i am looking for more low end power. thanks for the advice. Joe

for more low end torque u wanna go smaller on the front sprocket or bigger on the rear..id get rid of the golf kart tires too..lol..u need at least 10in..if i was you id find me some cut realtors or terrain tracs those would be a good tire for u.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.