ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
A two stroke can actually run backwards. I'm guessing had a kickback. It fired before the piston was at tdc and pushed it backwards.
I have had a bike fire and start backwards but not for a very long time. I had my old 125 cc kawasaki MX bike do it while kicking it over at a MX race years ago and I have had a bike do it when it stalled on a steep hill and died and then it rolled backwards slightly and it fired back up. They sound really odd and wont really run under a load like that I dont think. Check your timing and stuff out but it shouldnt be hurt.

Old harley 2 stroke golf carts start up backwards when you put em in reverse and run backwards.

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
My buddies snomobile (600 HO Skidoo Rev) actually has reverse by the motor running backwards.
When you hit the reverse button, it slows the engine down to a stall almost, fires it backwards for reverse.

Kinda cool if you think about it.

As said, it probably just kicked back and fired. I'm sure you didn't hurt a thing...other than your melon scratching it while sitting there thinking WTF??? LOL.

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
Ya the golf carts dont idle they either fire up and go or they are off / not running. When you hit the gas pedal they start up and go. In reverse they start backwards on the old 2 stroke harley models. I wouldnt try to ride a bike like that the clutch,basket,gears etc arent made for a load like that really.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i found out why,fly wasnt tight and almost came off and i got in a hurry and didnt look to see if key was there and tighten up. it did break side case. thanks for the help guys

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
QUOTE (Nate Mills @ Jul 19 2009, 08:54 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=50623If you rolled one off to start it & rolled it backwards wouldnt it start and run backwards?

typically timing as mentioned already. I had a tecate 3 that did that. had a new pvl in it, fired it up and ran like crap. I put it in gear and it took off backwards.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.