ATV Drag Racer Forums banner

Stock 2005 Banshee: Need to make it a Beast. Whats the best way?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  mercury65 
#1 ·
Hello. First post! My name is Eric. Thank you for your time.

I don't want to tweak this and that over the years. I want to give it to a local guy, pay him X amount of money (preferably no more than $2500 - $3500) and have him turn it into a speed monster. Done right the first time.

I mostly ride out in the desert and dunes. I ride hard and fast. And always try and race everyone. I'm a good rider and weigh 210. I would also like to take it out to the track every now and then and jump it and race. Im not a wrench junky so I would like a dependable engine that I can count on.

I spoke with a seemingly very kniwledgable local (San Diego) guy. He suggested to do the following and it would get me around 70HP.

"I will port and bore your cylinders, wiesco pistons, pro design cool head, v force reeds, 4mm stroker crankshaft, ignition timing plate, modify stock carbs, torr kit removal, pro design intake plate and k /n air filter in stock box, custom exhaust, Yamaha Performance clutch, all new seals and gaskets, Total Price parts, labor tax,machine work $3000. take $500 off if you don't want the 4mm stroker crank let me know"

So should I do that? Or should I do a 421 cheetah cub? Or Super Cub? Or serval? Or 521 cheetah super cub? I know very little about mods. I want to do it correct the first time. I want a very fast bike but rideable as well. I'm not just going to drag race all day. But when I do I would like to win. I don't want to spend this amount of cash and wish I went bigger. That's what I did with my wife's tits and regret it lol. I assume I can't race the track well with a long swing arm. So basically I want it just fast enough to not push me over the need for a large extended swing arm.

Thank you you for any suggestions.

See less See more
#2 ·
well you need to decide what is the most you want a good drag bike sucks to dune on. i hate riding my banshee compared to our yfz450. point is you can build a bike that will do good at all those things but never great at both. and to loose a drag race because you dont have drag paddles or a + whatever swing arm. will bug the crap out of you. so then you get some drag paddles and now out just dune riding will bug the crap out of you. as i found out 2 bikes is the only real way to get what you want. so make a choice and let us know

#3 ·
i have 6 bikes and ben on the dunes for more years then i care to say. and the best advice i can give is build your banshee as fast as you can on what you want to spend. then buy a play bike. keep in mind that as power goes up so does the number of parts you need such as lock up clutch ect.ect.... but i will give you a basic list of what i would do 421 CUB, billet clutch basket, lock up clutch and no less then a + 4 swing arm. and shearer pipes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.