ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was thinking of getting a set of stock cylinders and i have a 4 mm crank who does the best drag port job

Attachments

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Grab a handful of phone numbers, start callin around to different builders and see what kinda answers you get. Find one you are comfortable with and go with um. I based my choice on the fact that my builder was one of the few that actually answered the phone when I called, and he came highly recommended. He also took the time to go over all the details of the build, bike setup etc......
He also gave me his cell number and had no problem answering the phone after hours and on the weekends.

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
QUOTE (89 Chevy @ Oct 16 2008, 04:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=13279A&S, K&T, or Damian Cole (Quick16).

I know Damian is getting out of building frames, but I know he's gonna do a little work here and there.

IMO..the best stock cylinder motor guys are Dan Hull @ A&S, Rob Earl @ RDZ and Rudy Kurtz @ Port Magic.

No one has the track record like they do...proven winners and record setters....
But as said, start calling down the list. What good is a motor if they're not there to help you out....or take your phone call.

K&T has always made some fast bikes, too....

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have been talking to him, and he is still going to do stuff, but it will take him longer because he only has weekends to do anything. He said it will take around 6+ weeks to do a frame.

He is gonna build my new motor, new swingarm, wheely bar, and a new 2 piece stem for my SSR Chassis all this winter.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Jim at Passion Racing does all my work and not a complaint yet that I can say about him or his work, he's been a major help. Rudy Kurtz at Port Magic Racing builds some of the fastest shee's i've seen (at least at our tracks)

·
Registered
34 Posts
don't be affraid to give kevin herr at herrjugsracing a call he does great work and prices and costumer service is top notch.he did me a 4mil drag ported stock cylinder 2 yrs ago and now a 421 cub and i am always right at the top of the classes i run even with the larger motors.great guy!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.