ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

We did a dyno comparison of a stock unported banshee before,and then dynoed after we did an mx port on it. Bike is stock stroke, stock cyl, t5 pipes, 2 into 1 carb setup w 35 kiehin, gas, and timing at 7. Power was 43.49hp, 28.85 tq before. After port was 62hp, 35.2 tq. Sorry about quality of pic, enjoy, Thanks,

Paul

troy dyno.jpg

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok guys, did some testing yesterday. Single 35mm vs 2-34mm carbs. These runs are hot pull vs hot pull. First pull is stock unported, then Single carb best pull, then dual carb best pull, hot pull vs hot pull. The dual carb set up made 2hp more peak, but avg 5-6 thru out the entire rpm band, as well as flattened the tq curve out.

Numbers were:

Stock 43.49 hp 28.85 tq

Ported, Single carb 61.07hp 35.02 tq

Same set up w 2-34mm carbs 63.07hp 35.24 tq

2 carb dyno.jpg

·
Registered
440 Posts
I'll put it in simple terms how I feel about my first experience with both a banshee and R&R Performance.

I bought a 43hp banshee for cheap. I texted Paul and said can you add 10-12hp to it. He said, yep no problem.

Well I did not get 12 hp....... I Got 20hp!!!!!!

Rode it yesterday and it's a blast. THANKS R&R Performance.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
yep that set up usually gets 64-68hp on pump gas..

·
Registered
163 Posts
My Banshee was 64 H.P. 35 TQ with Midrange port pump gas shaved head stock 26MM carbs etc. now ive put 19cc Noss head race pump mix 33MM PWK's but havent had it on Dyno kind of courious what it is for HP and TQ now? Like YD-LUZ said that build is very fun to ride on the Dunes.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Rode the banshee today and it is just too fun. If I could get out of hole it would be tuff to beat. Had a lot of fun running bobby700r, after the hole shot (which was all him) it was to 4-stroke vs 2-stroke and we ran forever. I would post the pwr his made but not my place. Good times.

CPI inframe pipes next and hopefully 4-5hp more.

·
Registered
105 Posts
That was some good racing today troy had a lot of fun with ya hope to see ya tomorrow

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know this thread is old, but worth a try.

I see the dynos are over mph, why not over rpm?
Also see the 2-1 had a huge dip in tq but the hp climbs. Something isn't right here.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts