ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so the project is, fitting a trx250 motor in an lt250 chassis. it pretty much bolted right in, but now im on to the next part, stretching the chassis. i have someone who can weld very well and hes confident about doing a chassis. i cant afford to have a rigid built so we are gonna try this on our own. im wondering how far i should go on the front. i was thinking somewhere around 12 inches. the motor is going to be a stroker on alky, stock cylinder , so shes gonna put out some good hp (hopefully), compared to what this chassis is used to. i will be doing 300ft drags, maybe a couple 500 footers, but nothing more. just lookin for some thoughts, tips, advice, anything that could help before i start the whole cut n weld thing. thanks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i cant believe there is nobody here who has any advice on stretching a chassis, but thats alright, i was able to get ahold of someone who gave me top notch advice. however i do have another quick question and im hoping there is SOMEBODY on this forum that knows the answer. im looking for an extended swingarm and a drag axle for the 87 LT250R. i know the axle on the Z400s and KFX400s take the same bearings as the LT250s, and i know the swingers are similar. just wondering if anyone knows anything or has messed with these before.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.