ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this winter I have been puttin part together to build a 300 ft. 700 raptor. Here are a few pics of the tear down. I got the bike down to the frame, removed the motor, took off the front brakes, headlight brackets, and steering stem. I got up to Lotuseaters house this morning and we started the motor tear down. We got the head off just fine but when we got the cylinder off I noticed some wear (chip) in the Nik. Coating on the intake side. We finally figured out that this had to happen when we were at the dunes and I lost my whole intake for about 10 min. We finally found it and got it reinstalled but I had ran without if for a good 10 min. My head is goin to Bo White for a upgraded port job, the cylinder is also goin to bo for a sleeve and to get a lil milled off the top. The piston is gettin reringed with a set of rings from total seal. The TB is goin to KDS to go from a +2 to a +3. Got a lockup clutch and +8 swinger headin this way too. If the wife doesnt kill me after all that I will start ordering some light weight a arms, steering stem, and other misc parts.

Here is a pic. of the frame and motor parts with some close ups of the Nik. chip on the cylinder.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (Kawiking @ Jan 10 2009, 06:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=24937nice.. keep us up dated.
order ur parts ,then let ur wife find out !!

Is that how it works, I always use the exucse that I have to have it for it to run, hahaha. Im hopin to have it together for the OEM frams shootout in may. Goin to run in the stock bore/stroke class.

·
Registered
214 Posts
The raptor is looking good Chase. Hopefully everything goes smoothly. You'll definately need the light weight parts to beable to compete with the likes of BBR and others so you better start thinking of some good excuses.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (bbR @ Jan 11 2009, 12:00 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=24972what was the build before?

It was a 14:1 stock bore, ported head, +2 tb, x2 cam. It will basicly be the same build but with a lil better head port job, a lil better throttle body, and a lil more compression.

1 - 20 of 173 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.