ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to wire up the kill switch on a pvl? Called pvl they said the red wire coming off of each the coils cant be hooked together....they also said that you have to hook up 2 tethers???? I know I have seen guys running the pvls with only one kill.....Thanks

·
Registered
534 Posts
You can either use two kill switches, or place a diode inline with each kill wire off the coil. You can get diodes cheap at Radio Shack or equivalent electronics store, just remember to put the painted band on the diode body towards the ground side (so towards the kill switch).

·
Registered
152 Posts
QUOTE (dajogejr @ Jul 10 2009, 10:08 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=49866Lots of guys run them, I'd ask banshee332 or Doug Austin.
I know for a fact Doug ditched his PVL, he was chasing demons all last year...but when he did have the PVL it did in fact have two kill switches, one per coil.
Demons are a [censored].... I hate it when they start trying to crawl up my pant leg.

To answer the original question, to cannot hook the coil ground wires together. If you do, you will get a feed back condition where each coil will not let the other completely ground intermitently. It can also cause interence and several other issues.

You have to run two separate kill switches or one kill switch with two separate internal circuits (harder to find one of those).

I got tired of dealing with my old PVL for several reasons and removed it from the bike I had it on.

·
Registered
152 Posts
QUOTE (REDLINE @ Jul 10 2009, 11:36 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=49873You can either use two kill switches, or place a diode inline with each kill wire off the coil. You can get diodes cheap at Radio Shack or equivalent electronics store, just remember to put the painted band on the diode body towards the ground side (so towards the kill switch).
You may want to post an example of the spec. for the diode. There are many diodes out there that would not work properly in that situation.

You are correct though, and that a great idea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.