ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is are new build with stuff just layin around. she is not the greatest but that don't matter to me it's being at the track and seeing it run or runnin it. and keeping up with the big boys.
if anyone has any input i would love to hear it,this is the first time building from scratch, the motor will be a 900 twin cat motor.we will be runnin on a loam surface with a hard bottom.i,m lookin for rear sand paddles but i don't know what size would be the best, and what gearing please help. i just don't want to waste money, i guess that is going to happen to matter what.ha

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (JP374 @ Apr 19 2009, 12:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=38944That thing looks heavy..........

it is a little heavy not bad really, got the motor in last nite i have more pics on the way. jp i'm not a pro drag racer remember that, just doing it for fun and to beat you, haha
so stop pickin on the fat kid.lol can't wait to run it at the club.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Dude I like your machine shop.......

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
QUOTE (fat [censored] @ Apr 19 2009, 04:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=38947it is a little heavy not bad really, got the motor in last nite i have more pics on the way. jp i'm not a pro drag racer remember that, just doing it for fun and to beat you, haha
so stop pickin on the fat kid.lol can't wait to run it at the club.
You FUNNY>>>

·
Registered
234 Posts
QUOTE (fat [censored] @ Apr 19 2009, 11:29 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=38937this is are new build with stuff just layin around. she is not the greatest but that don't matter to me it's being at the track and seeing it run or runnin it. and keeping up with the big boys.
if anyone has any input i would love to hear it,this is the first time building from scratch, the motor will be a 900 twin cat motor.we will be runnin on a loam surface with a hard bottom.i,m lookin for rear sand paddles but i don't know what size would be the best, and what gearing please help. i just don't want to waste money, i guess that is going to happen to matter what.ha

im going to be racing a 1145 four cyl quad out there to hopefully you get yours together

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (rotax00 @ Apr 19 2009, 07:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=39009im going to be racing a 1145 four cyl quad out there to hopefully you get yours together

the first weekend we will be doing all day test and tunes on it ,we have yet to run it, their is going to be alot of trial and error but by mid summer should be runnin good. this will be fun to see a twin snomo vs a quad cylinder snomo power. is that a snowmobile motor out of v max 4. did you build it or is it someone else's. show me a pic, i love every has fresh new builds for the new season.the ds vs the trx = twin vs quad can't wait i think i pissed my pants

·
Registered
166 Posts
You are gonna wish you built it light and tight not heavy and slow! IMO
it happens in every type of vehicle so you won't be the last one to build something and then say why did I do it that way? But it will be a good learning experience no matter what

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE (quad killer @ Apr 21 2009, 03:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=39317You are gonna wish you built it light and tight not heavy and slow! IMO
it happens in every type of vehicle so you won't be the last one to build something and then say why did I do it that way? But it will be a good learning experience no matter what

what is the right way, your old snomo ran like a raped ape. how many paddles did it have and how tall, i want any pointers.

·
Registered
166 Posts
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn20/sa...bikedone002.jpg

look at Brad's ---------huge weight difference
my old one is now shocker racing's and is kinda a freak when you look at tire and sprocket size
Brad's is more of the traditional way of building a nice frame and keeping it light

no offense man and I am no expert just trying to save you some headache

If I do another quad snomo anyway I would try to model it after one that is light

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
this weekend was the first time she has ever went 300ft. we ran it at phmc and it did better than we were thinkin it would for being built in 30 days start to finsh.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.