ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I never did show any finished pics of the Drag Bike I was building for Pres Day. I pretty much had to build 2 bikes (a duner and a dragger) inside of 5 days for the Glamis trip.

The Duner was a 421 Cub (cleanup port), shearer inframes, 35pwks, +0+2 Stellar Dune/Drag Arms, Stellar +6 Swingarm, Elka Dune Runners all the way around, some white full bores, Lonestar Drag Axle, etc. It was a very nice bike. But I would have to say that a 421 cub is too much for a duner. The power band takes the fun out of cruising. Even with the +6, the front end was in the air whenever I punched it no matter what gear I was in. Its already being parted out....lol.

The Drag bike was a fully modified 87 Banshee Frame. Lightened and shaved, Powdercoated transparent purple over a chrome base. Stellar Bolt on Subframe, Stellar +12 swingarm, Stellar Drag +0+3.5 J-Arms, Stellar Drag Spindles, Stellar Drag Stem, all of which were given a brushed finish and left raw, then clear coated. Shaws all the way around. 421 RDZ Drag Ported Cub top end, Stellar Port Matched cases, 1-5ndown override, full billet clutch with lockup, 38mm mikuni's on Alky, K&T Shearer pipes, Lonestar Drag Axle, etc. This bike I think I am going to run for a while. Its a great feeling going out on a bike like this and running with the big boys.

The pics arent the greatest. I'll have to get some better shots in the sun. The purple and the brushed finish on the chromoly look awesome together.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not building tanks........yet! The front still came up pretty bad even with the +12. I had a little too much tire and the rear shock is a little shorter than it should be. So I am changing some things up and see how she does.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They were sls 11 extremes Rico. For hillshooting you want a little spin to get keep the rpm's up so the motor doesnt bog with smaller motors. 4mil cubs just dont have the torque to launch like the bigger builds do.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Its actually just 2 layers of black speaker cloth. It stretches and comforms to anything. But I would only run it on a drag bike, it wont hold up against normal riding.

·
Registered
188 Posts
QUOTE (AZCUSTOMQUADS @ Mar 19 2009, 07:52 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=35038Its actually just 2 layers of black speaker cloth. It stretches and comforms to anything. But I would only run it on a drag bike, it wont hold up against normal riding.
o ok now that u say that i can tell. in the pictures it looks pretty crazy before you know what it is. i love the raw parts on the bike it kinda reminds me of my banshee i have a raw swinger the same color frame and the same motor side covers. your looks way better though with all the raw parts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.