ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres the whip guys. just thought id share. im getting some 41" iroks on 20" devino chomps and 10" of lift soon..
its a 2006 F-250 FX4 Lariat, 4" MBRP full exhaust with 6" tip. Bully Dog intake system, and thanks to Dylan some 305/65/18 BF Goodrich ATs

·
Registered
721 Posts
Nice truck man....Do you really like the iroks? I think they look a little goofy.haha....I would go with a 5 in with a 6 in tip or a 4 in with a 5 in tip cuz 4 in with 6 in tip looks linda weird. I dont know what size iroks come in but mine are 40/15.5/22 and i would never have that wide of a tire without fender flares. Cant wait to see the finished product. What chip you have?

·
Registered
721 Posts
I agree...too little of a pipe and to big of a tip. I would say stack it or dump it. Just buy a a 5in turbo downtube and an elbow with two or so feet then put a turn down tip on it. A lotta turbo whistle then.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The 5" down pipe will actually hurt you on performance and power, you need some backpressure to build boost. This is especially true with the 6.0L The most performance is a 3 3/4 or 4" downpipe to the factory cat location (no cat) and then 4 or 5" pipe with a glasspack style muffler. But stacks look cool as hell.

·
Registered
61 Posts
not too many 6.0's are dumped out the turbo. the cummins runs well when dumped out the turbo, but most of the guys dragging and pullin diesels are not running stock turbos. We tried just runnin a 4" downpipe on my truck (2006 F-350 Powerstroke)with no other exhaust, wouldn't spool up very well. the variable vane turbo on the 6.0 requires back pressure to work right. The 7.3 diesels were fine without exhaust, but they were a fixed vane turbo, same as the cummins. what works for the 7.3 won't nececerrily work for the 6.0 and vice versa.

·
Registered
721 Posts
hey man your very right. i wasnt even thinkin about the diff in the motors. I have 4 in form the turbo back dumped right behind the cab and still spools well but like you said they are diff. I have the banks bigger turbo housing and big head wastegate. How much boost do you think i would be ok pushing with my 7.3?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I ran 42lbs on my old 7.3 without o ringing the heads, but at 42 my 6.0 will blow head gaskets and stretch head studs. I'm back down around 35-37lbs on my 6.0 just to play it safe. We run about 55 lbs on my brother's cummins, but that is with twins, o-ringed head, and the list goes on. The cummins turns 700hp with about 1800lb tq. but it is pull only. But running high boost on the 7.3, make sure you have switched the intercooler, the oem unit will only take about 35 lbs boost before the tanks come off!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
you can machine out that gate valve a buddy does it 5/7 more boost and a few miles to the gallon

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.