ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of running the big bore sleeves in stock cylinders. I've seen a couple out there LA Sleeve 68mm, Vito's 68mm, Trinity 72mm. I know the first thing everyone is going to say is why not a cheetah, well I like to be different. I currently run a 7 mil stock cylinder.

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
QUOTE (Uwenr @ Dec 16 2008, 10:11 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=20919I'm thinking of running the big bore sleeves in stock cylinders. I've seen a couple out there LA Sleeve 68mm, Vito's 68mm, Trinity 72mm. I know the first thing everyone is going to say is why not a cheetah, well I like to be different. I currently run a 7 mil stock cylinder.

I have seen a few of the 72's run and although one ran really well, they all have head issues.

·
Registered
120 Posts
QUOTE (Koolguyson @ Dec 16 2008, 02:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=20956I have seen a few of the 72's run and although one ran really well, they all have head issues.
Iv'e done a bunch of big bore /big stroke stock cyl. stuff, and they can be reliable up to 70mm if machined and built correctly. Above that you will have head gasket sealing/leaking issues. I hope this helps on your build.

·
Registered
489 Posts
QUOTE (Kane @ Dec 28 2008, 10:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=22985wouldnt the bigger sleeve take some of the transfer area up?

You are 100% correct. It is best to leave it at stock bore and just add triple ports or you dont even have to do that just a good drag port.
when you go that big with a sleeve you are losing to much transfer area and yourare taking away from the performance rather then making it. If it where me doing it I would just drop blaster sleeves. They are 66mm bore thats how my old 10mill stock cylinder was set up

·
Registered
623 Posts
Dont waste your time i have checked this out now with several big names that triple port. They all said that more power can be made with the added port but every motor they tested with 68mm + pistons they actually lost power or made no more. So i myself will just triple port mine if i do anything further with my stock cy's

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.