ATV Drag Racer Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, why is it that most all the drag bikes I see, have braided clutch & brake lines...but plastic throttle cables? hell , even mine is like that..Is it because of the pull or what? maybe I just haven't seem enough of them.. say for 39+ carbs

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I have a braided throttle cable and braided rear brake cable . But thats only because I purchased a terry cable and lsr cable and thats the way they came!LOL

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (phatboyz @ Jun 24 2008, 04:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=3605I have a braided throttle cable and braided rear brake cable . But thats only because I purchased a terry cable and lsr cable and thats the way they came!LOL

This is what I needed to know. I wanted braided throttle cable, but it seems no one was reccommending them on 39 PWK's. so I thought maybe there was a problem with the pull on a braided, but it just didn't make sense... Thanks Phatboyz..

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
I think for most of the keihins and mikunis stock throttle cables will work but that is not the case on the lectrons.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I have mine on 41s and they work fine,,if your running big carbs I dont think stock cables will work without alot of mod.If I didnt go with terry i would have bought a motion pro which arent braided

·
Registered
28 Posts
The 39mm PWK carbs require a cable with longer travel than the stock cable can provide. I use a braided Terry cable and have had no problems whatsoever with it. I also mod'd the stock thumb throttle to allow more travel on the thumb lever to ensure the carb slides retract fully at W.O.T.

I'm sure Motion Pro makes a similar version with the longer travel.

Just make sure your slides are opening fully and that the carbs are sync'd and you'll be ready to rock!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Im running into this problem now. I had a cable that was jerry rigged. I ran 35 Mikuni flat slides and they were fine. I now have 39 PWK's and the throttle cable is way to short. Which cables would be the best........

Part numbers is possible.

I want the a steel braided cable that will work perfect without having to modify anything...

Help Please...Must order ASAP

Thanks
Alan

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
Well i got my cable on and modded my throttle and i cannot for the life of me get the slides to go all the way open.

What cable do i need?

I have 41mm pwks.

·
Registered
1,003,688 Posts
just run it like that , bobby....

i had the taller adjusters on my carbs ... im goin from the terry cable to the cable brian posted above .....

·
Registered
109 Posts
I used a cheapy motion pro cable and moose housing for 44 lectorns. With the stock throttle housing and motion pro cable it worked with 39pwk.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts