ATV Drag Racer Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Easiest way to do it is to just put the clutches in it and press against them while hitting it with an impact. The pressure on the plates keeps the inner hub from moving.

·
Registered
507 Posts
QUOTE (KaosBanshee44 @ Oct 1 2008, 07:35 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=12139That's what i ended up doin was just hitting it with a impact. Does it have to be exactly 66ft pounds?
no, i never torque mine. i just tighten it up and bend the tab over it

·
Registered
189 Posts
Me too, give it a couple pumps and bend the washer tab over it..
I use a penny right between the gears, it's soft and soaks up the gear bite!

·
Registered
120 Posts
QUOTE (KaosBanshee44 @ Oct 2 2008, 01:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=12252I ended up just using a impact but used it carefully then tabed over the lock washer. It's not going nowhere
We use 4 small bolts or rivets to mate an old clutch fiber and steel together to hold the inner hub and basket.
With an impact it doesn't take much to reach 66ft lbs, and lock the tab.

·
Registered
35 Posts
QUOTE (portworks @ Dec 1 2008, 07:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=17942We use 4 small bolts or rivets to mate an old clutch fiber and steel together to hold the inner hub and basket.
With an impact it doesn't take much to reach 66ft lbs, and lock the tab.

you could always use the vise grips they sell for doing that job

·
Registered
108 Posts
QUOTE (ClimbAnyHill @ Oct 2 2008, 02:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=12244Me too, give it a couple pumps and bend the washer tab over it..
I use a penny right between the gears, it's soft and soaks up the gear bite!
I AGREE TOTALLY WID THE PENNY TRICK, WORX EVERY TIME

·
Registered
108 Posts
wait jus a minute now, i didnt say nutn bout throwing a penny away, bent or not bent itll still spend! LOL

·
Registered
288 Posts
QUOTE (little cubbie @ Dec 13 2008, 07:00 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=20472motion pro makes a tool for about $30 that works like a set of vice grips with bent ends that clamp on your inner clutch hub that WORKS GREAT.

yup. works great. i bought one couple years ago, seems like it was only $20 back then though. works on clutch, front sprocket, flywheel

1 - 20 of 24 Posts