ATV Drag Racer Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone post some pictures of 10 x 2 and 10 x 4 rims. Would help more if they were mounted on the bike. I can't decide what size i wanna run in the front yet. Please feel free to put your input in too

·
Registered
208 Posts
10X4 direct drive w/ 18X5 tripple buff smoothies

i have seen the 10X2's up close and the contact patch on the tires look
darn near the same to me. i guess it really depends upon where you will
use your bike the most. at the track or the dunes. 10X2 at the track and
a wider rim/tire in the dunes. i havent tried them out in the dunes yet.
that will tomorrow's adventure.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i think i'm gonna go with that size, what's the reason for 10x2 and the only reason i ask is cause a discussion with Dave i had. Are the 10x2's only for track use? I'm gonna buy tires for dune draggin first more than track draggin.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I tried running my 10x2's in the dunes and I about ate chit!! they dig in real bad and they throw you all over the place!!

·
Registered
692 Posts
here's 10x2's with a 21x7's I think.. I know their 21" just not sure on the width

and here's the same rims with 18x4's

I use the same rims for dunes and track.. with the 10x2 its very easy to change the tires.
only takes aobut 3min and no tools except for a compressor. Peel of my 18's and slide on the 21's for the dunes..

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm liking the 10x4 with 18x3s. I'm also liking the direct drive spindle mounts to but i still haven't changed my mind about front brakes. Where i ride you better have them for safety (la dunes) cause it's not as open as some places are.

·
Registered
1,003,688 Posts
thats my prob to cody... im thinkin i need to hang on to those front brakes

·
Registered
692 Posts
QUOTE (KaosBanshee44 @ Sep 5 2008, 08:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=10124I'm liking the 10x4 with 18x3s. I'm also liking the direct drive spindle mounts to but i still haven't changed my mind about front brakes. Where i ride you better have them for safety (la dunes) cause it's not as open as some places are.

I dont think you can run brakes with spindle mounts.. You might want to check in on the JJ&A 3 spoke hubs. I think you'd like them and I know you can run brakes on them too.

·
Registered
71 Posts
wicked has spindle mounts with rotor mounts to keep brakes, not sure if they relocate the caliper or what. ive seen them in person they look like any other spindle mount but just have some aluminuim barrel mounts tigged on that you can mount a rotor too. feel you on the front brakes i had removed mine and it was almost not to pretty on some of these backyard arm drop tracks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
10x4 with 19in Holeshots....

I wanna try some of the scooter tires some guys run. Any info on what size to get? I've got a pair of 2.75x10 but they are way to small for 4in wheels. Bought 'em off ebay without a size listed.

·
Registered
208 Posts
QUOTE (1stwarrior95 @ Sep 6 2008, 08:49 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=10146I wanna try some of the scooter tires some guys run. Any info on what size to get? I've got a pair of 2.75x10 but they are way to small for 4in wheels. Bought 'em off ebay without a size listed.

i have some 3.50X10 scooter tires on 10X4 douglas .125's.

·
Registered
1,003,688 Posts
QUOTE (Fouledout421 @ Sep 6 2008, 09:57 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=10142I dont think you can run brakes with spindle mounts.. You might want to check in on the JJ&A 3 spoke hubs. I think you'd like them and I know you can run brakes on them too.
i belive jt has spindle mounts with front brakes.. i think he said travis told him about them... i think

·
Registered
692 Posts
QUOTE (kawiking @ Sep 9 2008, 09:52 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=10360i belive jt has spindle mounts with front brakes.. i think he said travis told him about them... i think

JT dont run brakes.. He was giving me crap last year cuz i was using brakes. lol

I didn't look close enough at his to tell if they had rotor mounts.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I have a set of adapters that hold the inner wheel bearing on my spindle mount wheels, they are set up so you can run front brakes if ya wanted to. I got them with my wheels when I bought um from bigboybanshee on here. you will have to ask him where he got um....

you can see um in this pic.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts