ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive come across a couple sets of sls's for sale. my question is. is it normal for them to loose air?
and would 12 haulers be to much for my 250lbs arse on a triple drag ported 350?

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
It's kinda normal for them to leak some yes theres a lot of rubber buffed off. I got some from BBR and they hold air forever it seems but most leak pretty flat in a couple days. Some in 5 hours.
A lot of 350s run 12s it also depends on swingarm length. A long arm gets less traction and requires more tire. Do you have a 80 hp 350 on gas or a 95 hp alky out of frame 350 with a +10 swingarm? More info needed.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
+8 swinger, 35mm alky pwk's, over ride, lock up, cpi sb oof and sb shearer inframe, i would think 85-90hp, my main concern is, is it normal for them to leak out within a 4 to 5 hour period.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks. as far as my wieght and setup would 12's do me right or would i be better of going with some 10's or 11's

·
Banned
1,373 Posts
QUOTE (jtraptor660 @ Apr 1 2009, 01:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=36601thanks. as far as my wieght and setup would 12's do me right or would i be better of going with some 10's or 11's

seems to me these guys are just lucky but 80% of the time they will leak air and they differ in times it takes for them to go down..i have a set and they go down in a day and ive had some that go down in 5-8 hours so its normal if u ask me and if yours dont leak then id say they werent buffed enough..

·
Registered
188 Posts
i might be selling mine after april 17th. mine are 10 paddle hauler sls 22x12x8 i run a +6 cause im usually on dirt and some guys were saying 10 paddles was too much on the sand track with my swinger. so im gonna try em again when we race the 17th and if it doesnt run good im gonna be selling them and looking for some 8 paddles. in case u havent found any by then

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
I wasnt really saying they should leak out in 1/2 a day but a few guys tires do. I think you'd be fine with 11s due to being a 250lb rider but if you find a good deal on some 12's buy em? I think 11s would be a fast tire and not bog on you.

·
Premium Member
2,926 Posts
QUOTE (Radar @ Apr 1 2009, 11:57 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=36575It's kinda normal for them to leak some yes theres a lot of rubber buffed off. I got some from BBR and they hold air forever it seems but most leak pretty flat in a couple days. Some in 5 hours.

slime......they leaked when i put them on rims, used a bit of slime in them and they sealed up. i have had to do that to almost every sand tire i have had. but they always hold air from then on out.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well i havent come across any 11's yet got a couple of sets of 10's on the table and there are 2 sets of 12's on the table.

·
Registered
196 Posts
For the flats the 12's are better in my opinion. Thats what we had on the weekend you saw our 350 run. We have a +10 though.

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
I think MikeBell72 is gonna maybe need more tire than what he's got he has a set of 11 extreme triple buffs he may sell after our may 1 trip to Little sahara if his bike runs hard.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.