ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a triple drag ported stock set of cylinders. i put brand new pistons and rings on a fresh hone in it in november. i went through 2 tanks of VP110 through out november. i put maybe 10 trips down the track since. the last time out i got 4 trips and top end took a dump. low on compression and some scaring in the cylinders are evident. also pistons have some blacking. i mixed my oils at 42:1 and never ran it more then 10 minutes at a time. what could have caused this. i was curious if my domes were not cut for my cylinder could it be the cause or maybe overheating.

·
Registered
265 Posts
QUOTE (jtraptor660 @ Feb 17 2009, 10:54 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=30960i have a triple drag ported stock set of cylinders. i put brand new pistons and rings on a fresh hone in it in november. i went through 2 tanks of VP110 through out november. i put maybe 10 trips down the track since. the last time out i got 4 trips and top end took a dump. low on compression and some scaring in the cylinders are evident. also pistons have some blacking. i mixed my oils at 42:1 and never ran it more then 10 minutes at a time. what could have caused this. i was curious if my domes were not cut for my cylinder could it be the cause or maybe overheating.
What is the stroke? Domes are cut for different stroke. Otherwise stock cylinder domes do not have to be specially cut.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I always like to run 36:1 ratio's, extra protection if you ask me. Whats your squish between the domes and pistons?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.