ATV Drag Racer Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for some advice on who is building the top horsepower 450R engins for dragracing on gas ? Under 550cc Thanks

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Rage ATV Racing Talk to Dee Manshack 281-593-2481

He has some mean 65rwhp stock bore and stroke 450R's

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (T-Rex @ Sep 2 2008, 09:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=9852Rage ATV Racing Talk to Dee Manshack 281-593-2481

He has some mean 65rwhp stock bore and stroke 450R's
Thanks Guys Dee that name has come up a few times. Talked to him yesterday sounds like a stand up guy i think he the kinda guy that wont B.S. or just tell ya what you want to hear ! Thats what i am looking for no B.S. just what i pay for just one Bad [censored] motor !

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
He is a strait shooter, no BS out of this man. Glad you had a chance to talk to him.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I found Venom Performance out of Michigan to be great. They built me a motor most around here are quite impressed with. He is better known as Mixxer on the 450R.org website.

·
Registered
11 Posts
QUOTE (Markflexes @ Sep 5 2008, 09:04 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=10094I found Venom Performance out of Michigan to be great. They built me a motor most around here are quite impressed with. He is better known as Mixxer on the 450R.org website.

KBR is also a dealer for Venom among others. Kam has a couple of really fast 450's Give him a call 801-967-7100

·
Registered
172 Posts
QUOTE (sp440 @ Sep 2 2008, 09:01 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=9802Just looking for some advice on who is building the top horsepower 450R engins for dragracing on gas ? Under 550cc Thanks

i seen KBR's stuff run at Gilbert and there are getting it done

IMO............run alky you will not be disapointed

·
Registered
88 Posts
I cleaned up this post for the following reason:

This can be a very polarizing question, What we will not allow is bashing others, especially other potential site sponsors with second hand information. If you have something to say create a post and keep it to first hand information only because we all know how a story can change when it goes around a room. People reckless comments whether they are warranted or not can affect a persons livelyhood. If you have not personally dealt with somebody in question please leave the bashing to those who have.

That being said. I run a ATV dyno tuning business and I have seen the difference between Kenz, JSR, Venom and ATP. All can and should do you a good job, all have similar results on the dyno. To tell you the truth Venom has a track record of putting out the most HP and Tq on my dyno. I can also post graphs if you all are interested. One thing I dont see is 65-70hp stock bore 450's unless they are on the bottle. I am not saying that they are not out there but we have some of the bigger ones and they dont do that. There are alot of big HP numbers being thrown around and when it shows up to my shop most are shocked. A good running bike it the goal the HP numbers are just a tool to help get there.

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
Boston...
This is first hand knowledge from two people I rode with...(They've both since moved on)..
He flat out did not stand behind his work, period. A defective part was sold, and it was painfully obvious since the next "design change" addressed these very flaws.

And there were posts about it on 450r.org....and whaddya know...they got deleted. I know because I read them. Others had issues, but I personally know and rode with two people that had issues.

I'm sure he is capable of building a good engine...and maybe I should've left my low opinion of his motors off the forum, even after seeing them run in person.

I'm glad the Venom product has a great record on a piece of paper...and your last statement, that HP number is a tool to get you to a good running bike is 100% true.

I will ask my friends to comment on this thread that have had his product, and have had it fail...I'd like for them to join the site anyways...

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Boston, just wanting to clear up the fact that I have seen 65+ rwhp stock bore and stroke RAGE 450R's. I don't have a dyno sheet but I have seen them and also no NOS was used on any of these quads. John's (The Ironman) quad is one of them when he won the class last year.

·
Registered
88 Posts
QUOTE (T-Rex @ Sep 23 2008, 02:14 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11355Boston, just wanting to clear up the fact that I have seen 65+ rwhp stock bore and stroke RAGE 450R's. I don't have a dyno sheet but I have seen them and also no NOS was used on any of these quads. John's (The Ironman) quad is one of them when he won the class last year.

I certainly think it is possible and I am not doubting you. I have never seen it though and I have done lots of 450 based builds from different builders. A gas 450 built the best I have so far on gas is 53 or so on a Superflow Dyno. I did a Kenz Stock bore Raptor 700 with a piston,CNC head and Megacycle x2 cam and it made 60. The best 450 based I have seen is 63 hp on a 533. I would love to get a rage build on here to see what it does. I dont have a horse in this race, I am a banshee guy but when a guy comes to me and asks my opinion on a builder I have to go by what I see and not what I hear.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
This graph is a fuel comparison I did on my 05' stock bore/stroke 450r that Dee did for me last summer. I cant believe they quit making mr9 :(

this is my play bike and needles to say I love lining up with the big bore guys and quite a few under built banshees too.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
QUOTE (Bo_Didly @ Sep 22 2008, 10:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11399This graph is a fuel comparison I did on my 05' stock bore/stroke 450r that Dee did for me last summer. I cant believe they quit making mr9

this is my play bike and needles to say I love lining up with the big bore guys and quite a few under built banshees too.

What bike was thins one in?

thats some nice number and nice Curve.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts