ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay. I get my bike back together. freshly honed cylinders and a brand new set of weisco pro lites. i get everything back together and my bike starts to run. my question is now that i have a tank of gas threw it my left cylinder does not seem to have as much air flow out the left exhaust. i put my hand over the left exhaust and there is more coming from the right. what would cause this? is it electrical or inside my topend.

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
Did you do a plug check to make sure it had enough fuel in it?

Heck it could be something pluged in on the hole in the carb.

If it where me do a comp. check like BIgboy and DJ said then go to the carbs.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (BBIII @ Dec 9 2008, 08:44 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=19649Did you do a plug check to make sure it had enough fuel in it?

Heck it could be something pluged in on the hole in the carb.

If it where me do a comp. check like BIgboy and DJ said then go to the carbs.

what kind of compression should they make.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE (BBIII @ Dec 9 2008, 09:00 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=19658Wow your close to the same setup as me minus the tripple ports, i think with that setup you should be around 180-190 PSI....i think.

im gonna look into it today i think. i guess i should start with a compression test? im hoping its my carbs. if im low on compression what are my options. pistons were brand new.

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
If the comp. is low there are many things it could be, a leak somewhere and the cylinder pressure is bleeding off.
Could be a Reed, oring gasket sealer blew out might be pistons it just depends....i dont want to scare you but you need to be ready just in case...lol

check the comp. first then we can go from there.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE (BBIII @ Dec 9 2008, 09:03 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=19663If the comp. is low there are many things it could be, a leak somewhere and the cylinder pressure is bleeding off.
Could be a Reed, oring gasket sealer blew out might be pistons it just depends....i dont want to scare you but you need to be ready just in case...lol

check the comp. first then we can go from there.

thats what i will start with then. i knew when i got into it it was gonna be endless work involved plus money. thanks for the info.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.