ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to go triple......i just have no clue what triples are out there other then the 780/800..thats all i hear from guys around here where i live ....

i am familiar with the shaft setup's i just cant find a motor....what about a twin 670 rotax???
i don't think it would be any better then my cub motor....

also....do you think it would be possible to get a triple or a big twin motor with carbs and pipes for a complete ported 421 cub motor /noss head and domes/chrome cpi oof's/dunable 1-5 neutral down/lock out clutch and cover/38/40 lectrons on alky/vf 3's all new polished and chust broke in less then 1 hour ride time.

i would trade all this for a ready to run twin or triple automatic set up....
and would my 38 lectrons work with a 670 set up????if so i might be able to keep them...

i just think that a sled motor is what i need for a bike with a lot of potential.......

any offers would be considered...

matt

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
if you can find one get a triple srx 700 motor and spray it... those motors make some serious power right out of the box

·
Registered
35 Posts
QUOTE (quadgod211 @ Apr 18 2009, 10:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=38895i want to go triple......i just have no clue what triples are out there other then the 780/800..thats all i hear from guys around here where i live ....

i am familiar with the shaft setup's i just cant find a motor....what about a twin 670 rotax???
i don't think it would be any better then my cub motor....

also....do you think it would be possible to get a triple or a big twin motor with carbs and pipes for a complete ported 421 cub motor /noss head and domes/chrome cpi oof's/dunable 1-5 neutral down/lock out clutch and cover/38/40 lectrons on alky/vf 3's all new polished and chust broke in less then 1 hour ride time.

i would trade all this for a ready to run twin or triple automatic set up....
and would my 38 lectrons work with a 670 set up????if so i might be able to keep them...

i just think that a sled motor is what i need for a bike with a lot of potential.......

any offers would be considered...

matt

the 780/809 triples are by far the best out there.they have alot of different cylinder combinations and crankshafts.

as far as the 670,it is a awesome motor,very tough and dependable.

to answer your question about the carbs,the 38's would be too small IMO for the 670,the factory sled carbs are more than enough for that engine,they are 40's or 42's depending on the year of the engine.

your gonna want to run it on gas anyhow..alcohol and snomo engines don't belong together.

·
Registered
31 Posts
just to give you some idea about the price i just bought a 96 arctic cat thundercat 900 for $1700. complete running sled. IMO if i were you id buy a complete sled..... you got everything that your gonna need......your prolly gonna spend at least 1200-1500 for just the motor and then have to buy all the other parts.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I ran alcohol with a 809 rotax skidoo powered quad and when it was on, it was really on. BUT, it was very fussy and picky based on the quality of the air, the moisture levels etc. For every great run I had, I had 10 terrible runs.

I agree that unless you want it to become more of a science project (and a lot of work to purge after every race and keep every part of your motor air tight) I would go with a high compression triple on race gas. More consistent and reliable in my opinion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.