ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just picked up a set of rdz triple exhaust ported cylinders for a 4mm crank. i was wondering if anyone else has this setup or if anyone has any opinions on it? ive heard a lot of good things about RDZ so im hoping they are gonna be fast. anyone have any times from a setup like this? any opinions are welcomed. thanks guys

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
QUOTE (chvy91bowtie @ Aug 27 2009, 02:44 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=54483i just picked up a set of rdz triple exhaust ported cylinders for a 4mm crank. i was wondering if anyone else has this setup or if anyone has any opinions on it? ive heard a lot of good things about RDZ so im hoping they are gonna be fast. anyone have any times from a setup like this? any opinions are welcomed. thanks guys

Rob can make stock cylinders scream...there is absolutely no doubt about it!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
anyone else ever run a setup like this or seen one run? anyone know of any times at all? reason im asking is im trying to decide to go to alky or not. the way the classes work here where i race if you run alky or any poweradder you must run the top class. well that means running against some really fast bikes that are running consistently around 4s and under. if this motor wont come close to that then i will just stick with gas and run the 350-450 gas class and i know i can compete. any input will be very appreciated. thanks guys

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
For Lemoore, I would just run gas. If the competition gets boring, then I would try the open class. That motor wont run with anything other than other stock cyl motors. As soon as you start lining up with cubs,cheetahs,etc. it wont be a fair race.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
yea but RDZ'S 350's run 4.0's all day long..

if the cylinders are sound and will hold together i'd say alky it and freak yourself out a few cubs..

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (camatv @ Aug 30 2009, 08:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=54902yea but RDZ'S 350's run 4.0's all day long..

if the cylinders are sound and will hold together i'd say alky it and freak yourself out a few cubs..
cool thanks for the info guys. koolguy i think you are right its gonna be tough hanging with those big motors out there i think ill start on gas and then maybe go to alky in the future. i hope this thing will run low 4s my current stock cyl setup only runs low 5s now so that will seem real fast to me lol cant wait to get it together.

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
QUOTE (chvy91bowtie @ Aug 30 2009, 08:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=54910cool thanks for the info guys. koolguy i think you are right its gonna be tough hanging with those big motors out there i think ill start on gas and then maybe go to alky in the future. i hope this thing will run low 4s my current stock cyl setup only runs low 5s now so that will seem real fast to me lol cant wait to get it together.

Yup, these guys are saying it can run 4.0's which is true. But not on Lemoores track, and not without a light setup w/drag chassis.

You are better off on gas. There are a lot of big bikes in our area. You don't want to line up to one that is 2x the size of your motor...lol. Lucky for you my bike is down. I almost went a few weeks back actually. My buddy said the track was way too unsafe for anything like I run. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (Koolguyson @ Aug 30 2009, 11:06 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=54925Yup, these guys are saying it can run 4.0's which is true. But not on Lemoores track, and not without a light setup w/drag chassis.

You are better off on gas. There are a lot of big bikes in our area. You don't want to line up to one that is 2x the size of your motor...lol. Lucky for you my bike is down. I almost went a few weeks back actually. My buddy said the track was way too unsafe for anything like I run. What are your thoughts?
hard for me to say mine is just a lightened stock frame so i have no problems with the track but it does tend to get pretty rough. however since some of the big stretched out bikes have been showing up they seem to be taking a little more care of the track. whenever those guys pull up they have been coming out with rakes and doing some smoothing... fastest run i know of there was a 3.89 by a bike and 2.89 by a dragster. the last couple times there have been more and more "real" drag bikes and i heard some of them complaining about how rough the track was a little but they were just happy to have somewhere to run i guess they have had trouble finding a spot to run cause there arent many tracks around. have you been out there to check out any of the races?

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
QUOTE (chvy91bowtie @ Aug 31 2009, 09:12 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=54978hard for me to say mine is just a lightened stock frame so i have no problems with the track but it does tend to get pretty rough. however since some of the big stretched out bikes have been showing up they seem to be taking a little more care of the track. whenever those guys pull up they have been coming out with rakes and doing some smoothing... fastest run i know of there was a 3.89 by a bike and 2.89 by a dragster. the last couple times there have been more and more "real" drag bikes and i heard some of them complaining about how rough the track was a little but they were just happy to have somewhere to run i guess they have had trouble finding a spot to run cause there arent many tracks around. have you been out there to check out any of the races?

My buddy went, and basically said that it would be too rough to run my bike. He was more or less concerned with how rough the shut down area was. My bike typically runs low 3.50's so that would be quiet a spread between a 3.50 bike and a 3.90 bike. I talked with the track guy online a little and he sounded like he wanted to put more time into the track, but wasnt sure if he was going to run it after this season.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (Koolguyson @ Aug 31 2009, 01:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=55024My buddy went, and basically said that it would be too rough to run my bike. He was more or less concerned with how rough the shut down area was. My bike typically runs low 3.50's so that would be quiet a spread between a 3.50 bike and a 3.90 bike. I talked with the track guy online a little and he sounded like he wanted to put more time into the track, but wasnt sure if he was going to run it after this season.
wow 3.5s what motor are you running? you think it would run 3.5s on that track? that sand is pretty deep and heavy not a real fast surface by any means.

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
QUOTE (chvy91bowtie @ Aug 31 2009, 04:46 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=55046wow 3.5s what motor are you running? you think it would run 3.5s on that track? that sand is pretty deep and heavy not a real fast surface by any means.

Hard to say since I have never seen the track. It has ran high 3.40's, and low 3.50's on multiple tracks. My biggest issue is a lack of traction. I hear the Lemoore track is pretty loose, almost sandy?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE (Koolguyson @ Aug 31 2009, 05:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=55054Hard to say since I have never seen the track. It has ran high 3.40's, and low 3.50's on multiple tracks. My biggest issue is a lack of traction. I hear the Lemoore track is pretty loose, almost sandy?
yeah it is sand. its like the bottom of a ditch, literally. very loose and very deep soft sand. thats why i say its a slow track it seems like you plow through it lol. so im pretty sure it would cut some time off your runs because it seems like evryone is going slower than their motors should be. but its fun cause its the only track near me so i enjoy it. lol

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
[quote name='2 Wild Razn' date='31 August 2009 - 07:23 PM' timestamp='1251764584' post='55051']

QUOTE (camatv @ Aug 30 2009, 08:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=54902yea but RDZ'S 350's run 4.0's all day long..

yes it run 4.0 but it's a 350 cub cyl not stock cyl

oh no rdz's been claming that for a long time with stock cylinders.

i guess what i am saying is your not going to just throw on a set of hot cylinders and run 4.0's it takes a lot more than just jugg's to do it on rdz's site you can see the vids and see what it took to get it to run that super light rider, frame set up that took a few years to perfect, and motor set up..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.