Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got 2 motors from Louis.

I can only say that geting service from twister is pretty hard. Bought tow motors from him small block and big 24mil and his service after paiement is not to good to be polite. We ordered one motor turn key in the box and when we opened up berfor installation it was railed in the four corners on one piston and the sleeve was pretty scuffed. He told me he ran it hard on the dyno. He send me some new pistons 2 1/2 weeks after receiving the motor. I hade to reshape them like the first one's because he forgot to do it, imagine if di not have my tools? .I asked for the sleeve he said no prob. I got i dyno sheet from him and a seized motors, delays and lots of confusion on behalf of him and Kim concerning ordering.

He sold me carbs ready to run methanol and they never ran good. When he put the carb togethter I told him my altitude, baro and temp that we usalaly have.I though i would have a starting point. After more than a couple of trys i called him back he told me he might not have given me the right needle. Still waiting for that needle 1 year 1/2 and nothing. We bought new carbs for gaz and dyno tuned it and it's runing fine now. Where only having trouble with the kick start gears and behine the clutch.I asked if all the gears would hold up his cryogen gear failed after six starts. You guy's have any sugestions. Any reply would be apreciated.

When we bought the motor i specified we ran 1/4m and he garanteed it would go fine! nothing is set up for the 1/4m.

I owne a 535 cheetha and this summer i can't wait to try it against the 24 mil. I tried the 24 this summer and i was not too impressed.

For the small block nothing to say my buddy is ice racing and supermotard for tow years know.

As for my client with the 24 mil i can only say his not ot happy. We gave a substantial amount to Louis for no service having to call him back because the forget to ship stuff. For 2 motors and pipes for both 2!!!!$ very close to 3. If he

Sorry having to rag on you Louis, but after not shipping the stuff we needed to rebuild it hade to come out. My client does not right on the net so he asked that i tell the truth to let other's know. Belive me Louis if he could he would go down to your shop and tell you him his self!!!! Next time take care of your clients. I can say that having to be the middle man in all of this has taking time and money out of my shop + 1 unhappy client. Thanks for your help!!!

Even if somebody come's to your defence i can only say that what happend to us is a fact no fiction.

I hope you let this post open. I'm a owner of a shop if i should conduct myself in this maner someone should be able to use the power of the NET to inform other's .

·
Banned
786 Posts
QUOTE (Portking @ Feb 15 2009, 02:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=30612I got 2 motors from Louis.

I can only say that geting service from twister is pretty hard. Bought tow motors from him small block and big 24mil and his service after paiement is not to good to be polite. We ordered one motor turn key in the box and when we opened up berfor installation it was railed in the four corners on one piston and the sleeve was pretty scuffed. He told me he ran it hard on the dyno. He send me some new pistons 2 1/2 weeks after receiving the motor. I hade to reshape them like the first one's because he forgot to do it, imagine if di not have my tools? .I asked for the sleeve he said no prob. I got i dyno sheet from him and a seized motors, delays and lots of confusion on behalf of him and Kim concerning ordering.

He sold me carbs ready to run methanol and they never ran good. When he put the carb togethter I told him my altitude, baro and temp that we usalaly have.I though i would have a starting point. After more than a couple of trys i called him back he told me he might not have given me the right needle. Still waiting for that needle 1 year 1/2 and nothing. We bought new carbs for gaz and dyno tuned it and it's runing fine now. Where only having trouble with the kick start gears and behine the clutch.I asked if all the gears would hold up his cryogen gear failed after six starts. You guy's have any sugestions. Any reply would be apreciated.

When we bought the motor i specified we ran 1/4m and he garanteed it would go fine! nothing is set up for the 1/4m.

I owne a 535 cheetha and this summer i can't wait to try it against the 24 mil. I tried the 24 this summer and i was not too impressed.

For the small block nothing to say my buddy is ice racing and supermotard for tow years know.

As for my client with the 24 mil i can only say his not ot happy. We gave a substantial amount to Louis for no service having to call him back because the forget to ship stuff. For 2 motors and pipes for both 2!!!!$ very close to 3. If he

Sorry having to rag on you Louis, but after not shipping the stuff we needed to rebuild it hade to come out. My client does not right on the net so he asked that i tell the truth to let other's know. Belive me Louis if he could he would go down to your shop and tell you him his self!!!! Next time take care of your clients. I can say that having to be the middle man in all of this has taking time and money out of my shop + 1 unhappy client. Thanks for your help!!!

Even if somebody come's to your defence i can only say that what happend to us is a fact no fiction.

I hope you let this post open. I'm a owner of a shop if i should conduct myself in this maner someone should be able to use the power of the NET to inform other's .

i have an 18 mill twister built by K&T and it runs great!

the kicker gears breaking is common there is a fix!

do you build motors???? if so the problems u have incourred are very common to say the least just tunning issues and minor stuff

also i havent heard of many 24 that run very hard !!! usually dont run ne faster than the 18mm

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (phatboyz @ Feb 15 2009, 04:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=30669if your an owner of a shop why would you buy a COMPLETE motor from another builder for your customer?

My client saw it and i'm not the one forking out the cash.

I'm building a ATV with a sled powerd motor Artic cat ZR 1150cc for the 1/4m . If the guy want us to do it fine and if he want a turn key that fine too. I dont take other builder stuff and jack my name all over it.

I do what my client wants.

I still stand by what i said. I bought 6 years ago my cheetha complet turn key all assembled replated once since and it's still runing fine since??? Got a complet motor from CPC dragon 1000cc assemble it reported it still going great.

Like i said i'm not there just to build, if my customer wants he gets. With Louis and his 1/4 mile motor my client got stiffed. I'm not saying the motor is junk. The setup and the service after is no good .

As for the trick for those gear care to share. we tried a couple of kinds all the same results. He want a starter on the mag side, if anybody knows of a mag starter let me know.

Thanks.

·
Registered
767 Posts
The gears break when there is too much side play and it tends to give when engaging. Whiteknuckle (and maybe others) sells a steel bushing to replace the stocker and will sturdy it up. A worn bushing will end up breaking the gear on any bike, and I have seen the trans shaft end break off as well.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Not coming to Lews defense by any means.....but I bought a 10mil small block last spring. To say the least there were a couple issues with it. Every time I called I talked to him personally. Most calls we ended up BSing for several minutes by the end of the call about this and that. I was always polite and courteous, and so was he. I asked him several questions and presented many diferrent scenarios, and he always explained why he does what he does with his cylinders. And it made sense to me, so that is what I did. Every time I called and talked the engine would make more power. The thing about all this....I did not even buy the engine directly from him....I bought it from cascade, and he knew that, because I told him. I even sent domes back to him to get recut a couple times......he would not take a dime, he just wanted me happy. Just my .02 and the verdict is still out on my engine whether I like it or not.....but as for Lew and his service, I really could not ask for more!!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (alcoholbanshee @ Feb 16 2009, 07:12 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=30777Not coming to Lews defense by any means.....but I bought a 10mil small block last spring. To say the least there were a couple issues with it. Every time I called I talked to him personally. Most calls we ended up BSing for several minutes by the end of the call about this and that. I was always polite and courteous, and so was he. I asked him several questions and presented many diferrent scenarios, and he always explained why he does what he does with his cylinders. And it made sense to me, so that is what I did. Every time I called and talked the engine would make more power. The thing about all this....I did not even buy the engine directly from him....I bought it from cascade, and he knew that, because I told him. I even sent domes back to him to get recut a couple times......he would not take a dime, he just wanted me happy. Just my .02 and the verdict is still out on my engine whether I like it or not.....but as for Lew and his service, I really could not ask for more!!!!

Same here when i get a chance to talk to him. He is very polite and me the same. Still does not change the fact of a frozen motor bad carbs and miss shipping stuff. I guess your lucky you did even fork out the cash to him, i realy got jiffed.

·
Banned
1,373 Posts
QUOTE (Portking @ Feb 16 2009, 03:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=30824Same here when i get a chance to talk to him. He is very polite and me the same. Still does not change the fact of a frozen motor bad carbs and miss shipping stuff. I guess your lucky you did even fork out the cash to him, i realy got jiffed.

im waiting on some billet intakes since feb 2 and have called and suppose to call me back like 3 times and nothing yet!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
QUOTE (bubba297 @ Feb 16 2009, 06:02 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=30761The gears break when there is too much side play and it tends to give when engaging. Whiteknuckle (and maybe others) sells a steel bushing to replace the stocker and will sturdy it up. A worn bushing will end up breaking the gear on any bike, and I have seen the trans shaft end break off as well.

Only time I have had an issue is when my bigger bikes kick back and the gear doesn't release quick enough and it breaks the teeth on the idler gear (and sometimes even on the primary gear!). The steel bushing helps, but it won't fix the kick back problem. You have to modify the kick starter to fix it.

·
Banned
1,373 Posts
QUOTE (Koolguyson @ Feb 16 2009, 07:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=30863Only time I have had an issue is when my bigger bikes kick back and the gear doesn't release quick enough and it breaks the teeth on the idler gear (and sometimes even on the primary gear!). The steel bushing helps, but it won't fix the kick back problem. You have to modify the kick starter to fix it.

we went through 3 sidecovers and we was told to do short kicks and its been working ever since but still wanna get the modded gear through white knuckle..

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
QUOTE (tripledsracing @ Feb 17 2009, 12:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=30985hey koolguy do i need to send mine to them or can i just buy one from them?..if so how much either way?..

Not sure what they are charging these days. You would have to send yours off as they modify them. I am sure they will sell you a complete unit though if you don't have the kick start spindle and the various components.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I've been waiting on a Twister Crank since JUNE. 2 different Twister dealers couldn't get it. Couldn't get an answer about it when I called Twister directly, 6 months later. Finally bought a used Crankworks and gave up on the Twister...

·
Banned
1,373 Posts
QUOTE (J-Madd @ Feb 19 2009, 04:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=31253I've been waiting on a Twister Crank since JUNE. 2 different Twister dealers couldn't get it. Couldn't get an answer about it when I called Twister directly, 6 months later. Finally bought a used Crankworks and gave up on the Twister...

did u ever get a refund?..i havent got my phone call back neither..

·
Registered
134 Posts
I dont know what is going on with him now but i sent him my cranksworks 7mm billet to him to get the mag end replaced from my flywheel backing off. He took care of me in about a months time. He answered my phone calls and called back every time i left a message. This was in January.

·
Banned
1,373 Posts
QUOTE (jayshafer @ Feb 19 2009, 06:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=31281I dont know what is going on with him now but i sent him my cranksworks 7mm billet to him to get the mag end replaced from my flywheel backing off. He took care of me in about a months time. He answered my phone calls and called back every time i left a message. This was in January.

i think he is just slammed right now with tons of work but i think he will come through i hope..

·
Registered
15 Posts
i just talked to louie he has built me a big block and a spreadbore everything he has built for me has ran awesome and was reliable. The guy who started this post runs a shop called the tune shop and i wouldnt let him tune a weedeater... Dont run your mouth on the internet and david i got the spacers you need for your fogger nozzles it will work out just as good as the billet intakes and cheaper give me a call dave 513 518 9230 they are ready to go they are even taped for the foggers...75 bucks and they re yours

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
I sent Louie a crank to rebuild for me late last year. They always answered the phone, gave great advice, and even saved me some money. He turned it around in 3 weeks, and even shipped it back with priority (at his expense) so I could get started on my project sooner...I've had a great experience dealing with twister, maybe it would be good for both sides of the story to be told

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.