I got this in an email, thought it was pretty interesting!
IN JUST ONE YEAR!
This email comes in three parts:
In just one year. Remember the election in 2006?
Thought you might like to read the following:
A little over one year ago:
1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high;
2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;
3) The unemployment rate was 4.5%.
Since voting in a Democratic Congress in 2006 we have
1) Consumer confidence plummet;
2) The cost of regular gasoline soar to over $3.50 a
3) Unemployment is up to 5% (a 10% increase);
4) American households have seen $2.3 trillion in equity
value evaporate (stock and mutual fund losses);
5) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $1.2
6) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.
America voted for change in 2006, and we got it!
Remember it's Congress that makes law not the President.
He has to work with what's handed to him.
Quote of the Day........'My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the
history of the world. I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it.'
-- Barack Obama
Taxes...Whether Democrat or a Republican you will find these statistics
enlightening and amazing.
Taxes under Clinton 1999 Taxes under Bush 2008
Single making 30K - tax $8,400 Single making 30K - tax $4,500
Single making 50K - tax $14,000 Single making 50K - tax $12,500
Single making 75K - tax $23,250 Single making 75K - tax $18,750
Married making 60K - tax $16,800 Married making 60K- tax $9,000
Married making 75K - tax $21,000 Married making 75K - tax $18,750
Married making 125K - tax $38,750 Married making 125K - tax $31,250
Both democratic candidates will return to the higher tax rates
It is amazing how many people that fall into the categories above think
Bush is screwing them and Bill Clinton was the greatest President ever.
If Obama or Hillary are elected, they both say they will repeal the Bush tax
cuts and a good portion of the people that fall into the categories above
can't wait for it to happen. This is like the movie The Sting with Paul
Newman; you scam somebody out of some money and they don't even know
You think the war in Iraq is costing us too much?
Boy, am I confused. I have been hammered with the
propaganda that it is the Iraq war and the war on terror
that is bankrupting us. I now find that to be RIDICULOUS.
I hope the following 14 reasons are forwarded over and
over again until they are read so many times that the
reader gets sick of reading them. I have included the
URL's for verification of all the following facts.
1. $11 Billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to
illegal aliens each year by state governments.
Verify at: http://tinyurl.com/zob77
2. $2.2 Billion dollars a year is spent on food
assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free
school lunches for illegal aliens.
3. $2.5 Billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid
for illegal aliens.
4. $12 Billion dollars a year is spent on primary and
secondary school education for children here illegally
and they cannot speak a word of English!
5. $17 Billion dollars a year is spent for
education for the American-born children of illegal
aliens, known as anchor babies.
6. $3 Million Dollars a DAY is spent to incarcerate
7. 30% percent of all Federal Prison inmates are illega
8. $90 Billion Dollars a year is spent on illegal
aliens for Welfare & social services by the American
9. $200 Billion Dollars a year in suppressed American
wages are caused by the illegal aliens.
10. The illegal aliens in the United States have a crime
rate that's two and a half times that of white
non-illegal aliens. In particular,
their children, are going to make a huge additional
crime problem in the US
11. During the year of 2005 there were 4 to 10 MILLION
illegal aliens that crossed our Southern Border also,as
many as 19,500 illegal aliens from Terrorist Countries.
Millions of pounds of drugs, cocaine, meth, heroin and
marijuana, crossed into the U. S from the Southern
Verify at: Homeland Security
12. The National Policy Institute, 'estimated that the
total cost of mass deportation would be between $206 and
$230 billion or an average
cost of between $41 and $46 billion annually over a five
13. In 2006 illegal aliens sent home $45 BILLION in
remittances back to their countries of origin.
14. 'The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration: Nearly One
Million Sex Crimes Committed by Illegal Immigrants In
The United States .'
The total cost is a whopping $ 338.3 BILLION DOLLARS A