ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at vforce 2 reed cages and vforce 3 reed cages side by side. The vforce 2's have a larger reed, larger window, etc.

Has anyone ever done any dyno or track comparisons with the two reeds? I would think that the 2's would flow better on a highly modded motor.

Mailman

·
Registered
1,003,688 Posts
ie always heard if u can find a set of the vf2's grab them...... but id like to here if anyone has truely compared them as well.

·
Registered
410 Posts
QUOTE (Mailman @ Sep 10 2008, 10:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=10516I was looking at vforce 2 reed cages and vforce 3 reed cages side by side. The vforce 2's have a larger reed, larger window, etc.

Has anyone ever done any dyno or track comparisons with the two reeds? I would think that the 2's would flow better on a highly modded motor.

Mailman

... i think window & petal size, takes a back seat (in this comparison) to reed tip area .... i believe the 3`s have more.

I`ve run both for many moons - i dig the 3`s with the stuffer untouched (other than the initial i.d. to match manifold.)

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
2s make a few more horspower but the 3s are more reliable for they do not have the adjuster screws as the 2s did which from time to time fell out into the motor

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think it depends on the motor, some like the 2's better then the 3's...some the oposite. It depends on the shape of the intake, crank case pressure, ect. All you can do is test both on your specific motor. On the testing I did with them both the 3's made 1 more hp then the 2's, but like it was mentioned earlier...its nothing you would ever feel.

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
QUOTE (500Sabertooth @ Sep 15 2008, 08:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=10824I think it depends on the motor, some like the 2's better then the 3's...some the oposite. It depends on the shape of the intake, crank case pressure, ect. All you can do is test both on your specific motor. On the testing I did with them both the 3's made 1 more hp then the 2's, but like it was mentioned earlier...its nothing you would ever feel.

Hmm...wonder what dyno that was on... LOL.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts