ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking into buying a monoblock setup and wanted to get some opinions from people who have used them or know about them. they are triple ported right? are they plated? anyone have any times theyve run with these? any info will be appreciated thanks guys

·
Registered
246 Posts
QUOTE (chvy91bowtie @ Jul 28 2009, 03:11 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=51449im looking into buying a monoblock setup and wanted to get some opinions from people who have used them or know about them. they are triple ported right? are they plated? anyone have any times theyve run with these? any info will be appreciated thanks guys
They have triple exhaust ports and have iron sleeves they need to be seriouslt worked for good gains.

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
I don't know how much they push those anymore.I think a good set of stock cyls runs better. If u want bang for the buck its hard to beat a cub for a monoblock cyl I love my little cub I got from Nate Mccoy.

·
Registered
250 Posts
First off....buy a cub, second I did not realize they still made the monoblock? I have one on my 4 mill and I ran a [email protected] with it last weekend in a lightened stock frame with struts and a wheelie bar. My bike is light by no means but I am sure set-up was a factor here, anyway my cylinder has been drag ported and I have spent a ton of time playing with port timing, squish and compression ratio to get it to run like it does and there are not too many people out there that have played with these so help is limited. The cub on the other hand sounds like a runner out of the box and there are tons of people with a wealth of knowledge that can help make it even stronger, I bought mine so cheap I couldn't pass it up but if I was gonna pay real money I would spend it on the cub. Rick

Attachments

·
Registered
337 Posts
I know Matt Shearer has one of these and is getting some pretty good numbers on his dyno. He would be a great person to talk to. If I remember right I thought he said around 115 hp but don't quote me on that. I know it was more than his cub. Talk to him though.
Vito's doesn't sell these anymore. I assume you are going to buy used.

Mailman

·
Registered
137 Posts
QUOTE (jtraptor660 @ Jul 28 2009, 12:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=51457mailman didnt you have one of these a while back.

i had a vito's monoblock i had 15 hours worth of porting in it and could have done a tone more..best time was a 4.2 on racegas lighten frame 38mm lectrons rdz drag pipes they do run steel sleevesnot nicklesil..plus plan on spending a ton of time getting out the case studs......buy a cub 2 hours worth of cleaning and porting and there ready to run hard.....

kelly

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (banshee#69 @ Jul 28 2009, 02:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=51465i had a vito's monoblock i had 15 hours worth of porting in it and could have done a tone more..best time was a 4.2 on racegas lighten frame 38mm lectrons rdz drag pipes they do run steel sleevesnot nicklesil..plus plan on spending a ton of time getting out the case studs......buy a cub 2 hours worth of cleaning and porting and there ready to run hard.....

kelly
kinda what i was thinking... i was already looking for a cub but i found a guy selling a vitos for cheap just thought id check it out. i have a drag ported stock cylinder 4 mil right now if i go to a cub and just clean up the castings no real porting will a see a gain or is it gonna take porting? my stock cylinder runs pretty good right now.

·
Registered
137 Posts
QUOTE (chvy91bowtie @ Jul 28 2009, 05:06 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=51492o and also if i bought a stcok stroke cub it wouldnt be a big deal to port it for the 4 mil would it or are these different from stock cylinder in some way?

if it was me i would just buy a 4 mil cub and buy a 4mil long rod crank......or you would have to spacer plate or report everthing....from going from stock stroke to 4mil....or have new domes cut for the piston to come up in the head....plus port it you can report them just have to watch not to chip the nicklesil...

kelly baldwin

·
Registered
337 Posts
QUOTE (jtraptor660 @ Jul 28 2009, 01:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=51457mailman didnt you have one of these a while back.

I had bought some but never got a chance to run them. I sold them before I could do a build on them.

One motor (my 472 cheetah pv, soon to be a 492) is enough work, money, and R&D time.

Mailman

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
how about the vitos big bore 10 port cylinders. anyone run them or know anything about them? i just kind of want to do something different froma cub since thats what most people use. i just dont want to make a mistake and buy something ill just have to replace casue it wont run good.

·
Registered
137 Posts
QUOTE (chvy91bowtie @ Jul 29 2009, 11:18 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=51568how about the vitos big bore 10 port cylinders. anyone run them or know anything about them? i just kind of want to do something different froma cub since thats what most people use. i just dont want to make a mistake and buy something ill just have to replace casue it wont run good.

build a reg cheetah,twister,cheetah supercub i think you will be happier......like i said on the 4mil it needed ton of work they all need work but i think if it's going to be a drag motor...i would go a differant route,thats just me....money wise you will save in the long run

kelly

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.