ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just switched over to alky and when I was buying some the guy I was getting it from wanted me to try the new stuff they came out with.

Unstead of $3.00 a gallon it is $4.50 has any one tried it and is it worth the extra cash in a 2 stroke. He said it makes a big difference in there pulling trucks

NEW! M5TM
M5 is simply the best performing methanol on the market. With its upgraded combustion additives, M5 will make more power than M3, i.e., 5-7% more power than standard methanol, while offering the same or better protection against detonation. Like M3, M5's improved vaporization offers a wider acceptable range of air/fuel ratios and tuning. It also yields faster combustion speeds which lead to closer EGT's from cylinder to cylinder, providing more consistent performance from run to run. M5 is not pure methanol and won't pass a water test.

·
Registered
246 Posts
QUOTE (2slo4u @ Jun 9 2009, 11:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=45949i know it scorched macanics rings down in no time......

Yikes
Id run M3 and be done ron. Tried and proven.
Mix it 20:1 in that zilla with benol that works great on my drag zilla.
my purge gas is 110 mixed 16:1 with benol no problems yet.

·
Registered
246 Posts
QUOTE (dajogejr @ Jun 10 2009, 07:27 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=45966I still run M1 from VP or Sunoco Methanol...

From what I've read, the M3 and M5 work OK in the 4 pokes, but can be tuning hell on a two stroker...

Since you're new to meth, I'd start with M1 and figure that out, then make the jump to 3 or 5.

I ment M1 sorry for the confusion.

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
I pay 5 bucks a gallon now for regular ol ERC methanol (hate VP and their steel cans).

Their cans can sit for months! I had a can of C12 and the last gallon of the jug was all rust. That was gas...imagine what it would have looked like if it were methanol!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.