ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4mil Cub on Alky and want to run some Nitromethane in it. I have the Nitro and the Hydrometer kit to mix it. Would like to know if any of you guys run the stuff and if so, what percentage of nitro do you use. Any advice on this would be great. Don`t want to go out and blow the head of or shove rods through the cases.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
QUOTE (neely97 @ Dec 13 2008, 09:03 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=20503I have a 4mil Cub on Alky and want to run some Nitromethane in it. I have the Nitro and the Hydrometer kit to mix it. Would like to know if any of you guys run the stuff and if so, what percentage of nitro do you use. Any advice on this would be great. Don`t want to go out and blow the head of or shove rods through the cases.
I guess everyone is scared to touch this subject!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
786 Posts
QUOTE (big daddy hog nuts @ Dec 16 2008, 02:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=20935call and talk to vp 1st!!!

and if you got the hydrometer, USE IT i have always used one w/ any i have ran, and jetting is gunna be fun!!!

depending on the carbs you have i used lectrons, you will need more than 1 pwr jet, i use 3, aand special trench cut needles

i ran 27% by specific weight

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (neely97 @ Dec 16 2008, 03:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=20968I have 40mm Lectrons, also have another set of power jets. Who makes the trenched cut needles for that?
It is the VP M5 that has the 6% nitro, I have already talked to them. The price for it is 10.00 a gallon. I already have the nitro and the kit, so it is more feasable to mix my own. Also I was told to mix 1 quart of touene to the final mix, does that sound right to you?

·
Registered
265 Posts
QUOTE (neely97 @ Dec 16 2008, 05:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=20970It is the VP M5 that has the 6% nitro, I have already talked to them. The price for it is 10.00 a gallon. I already have the nitro and the kit, so it is more feasable to mix my own. Also I was told to mix 1 quart of touene to the final mix, does that sound right to you?
Keep in mind that M5 has 6% nitropropane. Not Nitromethane. The M5 will should give a little power increase, but not enough to mess with IMO. Mixing your own is the way to go. Just make sure you read all you can about it. There is alot of good info out there.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE (AMChassis @ Dec 17 2008, 06:36 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=21065the best advice with nitro is not to use it,carburetors can not flow enough to support it.If you are wanting more power use nitrous. You can`t run nitrous on a IHRA sanctioned track and that is the closest to me. Not suppose to run nitromethane either but it is easier to get away with than nitrous. Also I am running a pump with the 40mm lectrons, thinking about adding another pump and one or two more power jets.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.