ATV Drag Racer Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just recently started drag racing. I runn a small 200 ft. clay mud type track very shallow and easy to get a hook up coming out the hole. My question is i'm running anywhere from 4.4 to 4.2 and usually .450-.550 rt. Just thank there is more to be subtracted. So what have i done wrong or what am i doing wrong. My mods are as followed:

Barker RocketFactory drag pipes
pc111 powercommander
trintidy air intake
stage 2 hotcams
je 12.5/1 102mm piston (using c12 race fuel)
regeared from bottom end
pro wedge rear tires
smoothie buff front

dyno said 51hp i thank 48tq
tops out about 68 mph (remember its been geared for bottom end)

·
Registered
1,003,688 Posts
what gear doo u start in ?? 2nd ?? u ever have it on a 300ft track ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (kawiking @ Aug 28 2008, 10:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=9567what gear doo u start in ?? 2nd ?? u ever have it on a 300ft track ?
yeah i do start off in 2nd gear. Actually the guy that does all the work for me is getting ready to open a 300ft. sand drag at the fair grounds about 10 min. from where i live but no never ran a 300ft track i have my own little practice track here at the house i do have it messured to the 300ft. but dont have enough shut down space and there is a bobed wire fence at the end. my suzuki barely as enough time to stop the only thing i have done to that one is

trintidy intake
stage 1 jet kit
geared for topp end

ran 6.16 at the 300 and 5.11 at 200

friend races that one.

·
Registered
214 Posts
What gears are you actually runninng? I use 15 front and stock rear and leave in second with 22 inch tires. My geuss is you are spinning way to much out of the hole. I ran a 13 on the front once and I was spinning through third gear. I do have a little more motor than you though. Do they have a 60 ft timer where you race? I believe most raptor owners that race 200-300 ft race use a 15 front.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
QUOTE (jwraptor @ Aug 29 2008, 01:05 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=9574What gears are you actually runninng? I use 15 front and stock rear and leave in second with 22 inch tires. My geuss is you are spinning way to much out of the hole. I ran a 13 on the front once and I was spinning through third gear. I do have a little more motor than you though. Do they have a 60 ft timer where you race? I believe most raptor owners that race 200-300 ft race use a 15 front.
yeah! Your right 15 tooth front spinning like hell coming off the line and through 3/4 of the 200. Just cant seem to hook these pro wedges up (Maybe to light). The place i had them but on the rim put to much air in them 12lbs. and there only suppose to have nomore than 7 which they have now and no less than 3. I took some air out seem to hook up little better but still alot of spin.
Probably could work that clutch a little better to. Have not been able to run it in a race yet this is just at home on my on track. So no 60ft. times. I do thank they have it at the place i go though. sorry answer to your first question 2-4

·
Registered
1,003,688 Posts
stock shock ? try a marvin shaw or a solid strut....... for track only.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Don't be afraid of lowering the tire pressure down to 2-3 lbs to get more bite.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts