ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
QUOTE (liledg @ Jan 27 2009, 11:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=28103ha ha and what else u know power wise and t-rex has sleeve and cheeta has nikasil right?

T-Rex is old school. They can make some power, but require A LOT of portwork and case work to run good. You can get a 4 mil cub to run as good as a 10 mil T-rex.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (bubba297 @ Jan 28 2009, 05:44 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=28123T-Rex is old school. They can make some power, but require A LOT of portwork and case work to run good. You can get a 4 mil cub to run as good as a 10 mil T-rex.
yea they r oldschool dasa makes them just cant find any one that has built both hands on that can explain why the cub is so different.

·
Registered
120 Posts
QUOTE (Backcountry @ Jan 28 2009, 04:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=28182Absolutely!!!

Bolt on T-Rex 65HP
Bolt on Cub 90HP

Back in the day i would spend 40+ hrs porting on those dam things, just like the superior sleeve cyls. and stockers, but thats all we had! Dealing with leaking / poor press fit sleeves,soft castings etc. The cheetah is a great up to date cylinder, and dam close to perfect in stock form!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (portworks @ Jan 28 2009, 03:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=28188Back in the day i would spend 40+ hrs porting on those dam things, just like the superior sleeve cyls. and stockers, but thats all we had! Dealing with leaking / poor press fit sleeves,soft castings etc. The cheetah is a great up to date cylinder, and dam close to perfect in stock form!!!
ok i get the picture. i had 4strokes done by dasa and wanted them to do my 2stroke, but it seems like i will have to hope there port work is up to date if i want to keep up with the fast guys. and if they r not up to date then im not gonna be happy. so what do you guys do when its time for a rebuild with a cub there is no metal liner to bore whats the deal with that?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE (TNTracing @ Jan 29 2009, 05:06 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=28376Yeah it takes a little more time to make the power. But If you want to use stock components imo stock sucks!! J/K.
no i was trying to find out what makes a cub better than a t-rex. i live close to dasa and have delt with them b4 and they make the t-rex cyl, but i diddnt want to invest into somthing that wont work.

·
Registered
55 Posts
As stated above, the T-Rex is old school and requires more work to get the power out of it...But, it can be done. As far as the rebuild question, when it's time to freshen the bore on a nickasil cylinder you send it out to be re-plated. Cost around $300 for a twin.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sorry should have explained a little better and I have a T Rex the Cubs are what use the stock parts I love my T. Rex if you want to ride in the dunes you have the power valves for good bottom end and then ya can block them off for drag racing

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE (Wildcardracing @ Jan 29 2009, 05:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=28383As stated above, the T-Rex is old school and requires more work to get the power out of it...But, it can be done. As far as the rebuild question, when it's time to freshen the bore on a nickasil cylinder you send it out to be re-plated. Cost around $300 for a twin.
thanks guys for all of your help will put my motor in the dyno section when its done so you can see a motor from a guy that was just a customer on his first try with a 2stroke.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE (TNTracing @ Jan 29 2009, 05:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=28384Sorry should have explained a little better and I have a T Rex the Cubs are what use the stock parts I love my T. Rex if you want to ride in the dunes you have the power valves for good bottom end and then ya can block them off for drag racing
yea thats what dasa keeps telling me that the power valve is a good thing and that i will make power to run with anybody. just so many cubs out there making power i got cold feet on the t-rex but dasa never failed me b4 u know what i mean.

·
Registered
120 Posts
QUOTE (liledg @ Jan 30 2009, 10:04 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=28455yea thats what dasa keeps telling me that the power valve is a good thing and that i will make power to run with anybody. just so many cubs out there making power i got cold feet on the t-rex but dasa never failed me b4 u know what i mean.
Another thing to keep in mind is if you are going to do alot of dune / trail riding the chettah has coolant that flows around the exhaust and will keep the bore true with consistant HP. You can get the chettah with power valver also!!

·
Registered
299 Posts
QUOTE (Radar @ Feb 8 2009, 01:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=29608I know of a few 4 mil cheetahs that have torque and run very hard duning and draggin.
im happy with my 10 mill 565 trex i out run most 4and10 mill cubs its been ported a couple of times once by ftz it was 105hp on gas the 2nd port job it realy woke up and can be ported more cyl. are nickacilled

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.