ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://dallas.craigslist.org/sdf/mcy/857705385.html

Any idea what you guys think what kinda HP this quad should make??? Only has 15 hours on it thinking of buying or trading him for it. He claims it made 89 HP ont he DYNO on Gas he said it shoul dbe 100hp or maybe alil over on ALKY the way its set up now. Does that sound close to what it should be making? Also any1 have a thought on what it might runa t the drag strip set up for pavement in the 1/4 and 1/8 mile? Thanks Mark

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
It could be 89 on gas with shearer inframes. Jeff builds some kickbutt stock cyl motors. Either way he's higher than heck on the price.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (bbR @ Nov 5 2008, 09:50 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=14924you can get some real nice shee's right now for less than that. sandtrix just traded his stock cyl 10mm, he was only asking 6500 and it was on a suspended dune chassis.

Yes i know but i'm trying to find some1 to trade me even for my X/C quad or unless it sells then i can purchase with cash. But has to be within 4 hours or so of central TX so that makes it tough too.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok guys i did talk to JEFF at F.A.S.T and he has riden this quad personally and built the engine and told me everything i wanted to know about it. He said no doubt its 100hp because after the build it had 89 on gas . Like he said he's rode it and had nothing but good good things to say about it so that was nice to hear so i'll probably trade for it this weekend.

G

·
About half the stuff that is on that sand duner, you won't use for asphalt drags.
It has the wrong shocks on it.
Swingarm too short.
We don't use +2 a-arms. We use -2.

Since you never tried asphalt drags yet. Go run the 450 you got first and see if you will like it.

Asphalt drags looks fun. But some guys change there mines after they try it.

I have been racing 1/8 and 1/4 mile asphalt drags since 1993 on Banshee's.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They are +2 forward not wide and i will use the quad int he dunes occasionally as well so the suspension is fine and i want some wheel lift if it gets too uncontrolable then i'll get alil longer swinger or wheelie bar probably. The longer the chain the less power you get to the ground as well is why i'd prefer a light weight wheelie bar. Picking it up today and i have drag raced cars and motorcycles before so i do like it.

Thansk for all your help thought and Brians # he's a good guy to deal with and plan on purchasing tires from you or him shortly in the near future.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok i got it and let me tell you its MINT and built to perfection. I just have some stock tires and wheels on the rear so i could ride it out on the pavement in front of my house and its very impressive on how much power it has. Also how well its tuned cranks first kick everytime etc. Very happy with it i'll post some pics up soon as i have the drag slicks etc on it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.