ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,003,688 Posts
if ur lookin for a cub , i take it u have a banshee ????

are u lookin for a complete motor or just the cub cylns. cubs are after market cylns, then u have stoke stroke , 4 mil 7 mil 10 and so on .

what are u lookin for , a strait drag bike set up ???

need more info

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (Kawiking @ Apr 15 2009, 05:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=38610if ur lookin for a cub , i take it u have a banshee ????

are u lookin for a complete motor or just the cub cylns. cubs are after market cylns, then u have stoke stroke , 4 mil 7 mil 10 and so on .

what are u lookin for , a strait drag bike set up ???

need more info
kawiking, i have no atv as of now. i want to weld my own stretched chromoly chassi from scratch. but before i build it, i need to find out what motor i want, so i can make room for motor and mounts. i dont have a clue about this yet. i really need a "shoulder to lean on".

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (loolagigi @ Apr 15 2009, 05:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=38615kawiking, i have no atv as of now. i want to weld my own stretched chromoly chassi from scratch. but before i build it, i need to find out what motor i want, so i can make room for motor and mounts. i dont have a clue about this yet. i really need a "shoulder to lean on".
yeah a straight drag set up. i have all the time in the world. ill just take it one part at a time. thanks for the quick responses. i dont know where to even focus my attention first, and what steps i need to take. i need some help bro.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (Kawiking @ Apr 15 2009, 07:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=38618id start out first , choosin the motor ( as in this thread).

do u want a 2 -stroke ??? or 4 stroke ???
i suppose a 2 stroke as i see is the most popular in this racing. and also something i can keep cool. water cooled? not even sure about the range of cc's there is in these classes. or are they rated in horse power. this will be my first build, so something competetive, but at the same time something that wont break the bank too bad. what do you recommend? and whats a price range on these things? not even sure what fuel i would run. everything you tell me is new to me, so dont hold back. thanks for taking the time.

·
Registered
1,003,688 Posts
if it was me... i d find a cheap stock banshee. stay with the stock frame for a yr to get use to it. maybe lighten the frame.
then , get a 4 mil crank , and 4 mil cub cylns.... big alky or gas carbs ( i run 39 pwks) . you ll need a lock up (makes it so the clutch doesnt slip) , overide tranny , .

just my .02 ..... stay with a stock chassis or lightened chassis for now.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (Kawiking @ Apr 15 2009, 07:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=38621if it was me... i d find a cheap stock banshee. stay with the stock frame for a yr to get use to it. maybe lighten the frame.
then , get a 4 mil crank , and 4 mil cub cylns.... big alky or gas carbs ( i run 39 pwks) . you ll need a lock up (makes it so the clutch doesnt slip) , overide tranny , .

just my .02 ..... stay with a stock chassis or lightened chassis for now.
well i asked, lol, lots of info. okm you want me to try a year of a banshee with bigger motor and carbs. i can dig that. but what is 39 pwks? not sre what a lock up looks like, but i get the jist. and the override tranny?, what that for? any particular banshee i should try to get? and wont the factory frame be much heavier than chromoly?

·
Registered
550 Posts
It's Joe, right? Boy I hope so. Haha.

I suggest you head on over to http://www.bansheehq.com

Over here we have a collective advanced knowledge of most 2 and 4-stroke motors. BansheeHQ, or BHQ, is geared more towards learning what is needed to start building a bike and what a Cub/Cheetah/Puma/Sphynx and so on, is. I don't want to stear you away from here at all. Most of us are members on both sites. Best of both worlds!

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
Lool...
First off, welcome to the site.
Don't take this the wrong way, but you really gotta learn to crawl before you walk.
Have you ever owned an ATV, have you ever drag raced another type of vehicle?

While I admire wanting to jump in head first, this sport, the risks and costs aren't for everyone.

I too would start out slower. A nice used banshee or 250R with some aftermarket goodies on it...see if you even like riding them, etc.

I'd hate to see you spend thousands and thousands of dollars and hours of your time if it's something you're not gonna take to.

·
Registered
793 Posts
i will tell you from experience. start with a stock style frame. im still on one modded and lightened and love it. look at getting a stock style motor with a good drag port with bigger carbs (pwk) like kawi said. go with a longer swinger and an over ride if you are willing to try one. the over ride allows you to shift without using the clutch with no where on the tranny. with it you will need the lock up set up for your clutch. i did all this with my first build and am extremely happy. be ready for some trial and error. i started on the drag race scene bout a year ago and now im running alky. there is a ton of stuff to learn. this site and HQ will be extremely helpful. and what ever dave (dajogejr) has to say is usually good info. and so is most everything else typed on this site. Oh yea welcome to the sport and the site by the way.

·
Registered
638 Posts
ya i'd start out with a cub 4mil or stock stroke i think mccoy is building sum bad azz stock stroke cubs! get a long swinger on a stock frame and get a good set of sls paddles maybe throw some drag pipes on it then the override, lockup and big carbs! you might just run a stock tranny if you've never even had a atv b4???? ride that awhile get used to racing them and just kinda try the sport out b4 you go building a drag framed bad azz that might get you hurt or some one else! i've had a few new riders come close to crashing me b4!!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE (dajogejr @ Apr 16 2009, 02:13 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=38648Lool...
First off, welcome to the site.
Don't take this the wrong way, but you really gotta learn to crawl before you walk.
Have you ever owned an ATV, have you ever drag raced another type of vehicle?

While I admire wanting to jump in head first, this sport, the risks and costs aren't for everyone.

I too would start out slower. A nice used banshee or 250R with some aftermarket goodies on it...see if you even like riding them, etc.

I'd hate to see you spend thousands and thousands of dollars and hours of your time if it's something you're not gonna take to.thank you all for the vast replies. but yes, i drag race a 68 camaro with a 468 bbc, at 10 seconds in the quarter. yes i have owned atv"s before but never fast. ok, i can start small, just dont have 3-4 g's for a used banshee, baby on the way. time is not a concern, more of a hobby for me right now. thanks again all.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.