ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have a 448cc R motor (pilot cylinder) I have been running a 44mm lectron on alky. My ? is do you think I am under carbed w/ this size CC. I was thinking of getting rid of the 44mm for a 48mm would it be beneficial?

Thanks, JP

·
Registered
150 Posts
QUOTE (JP374 @ Jun 1 2009, 09:10 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=44839Ok I have a 448cc R motor (pilot cylinder) I have been running a 44mm lectron on alky. My ? is do you think I am under carbed w/ this size CC. I was thinking of getting rid of the 44mm for a 48mm would it be beneficial?

Thanks, JP

JP, there are different theories on intake velocity vs volume. Personally, the 44 sounds small to me. I run a alky 44 on my 313cc honda.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Yep, and we run a bored 44 on our gas 370. If I could get a bigger manifold to fit a bigger carb I would. Go big JP, that top end should eat it up.

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
QUOTE (JP374 @ Jun 11 2009, 05:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=46199Ok, Thanks for the input guys. Now im curious as to how much I will pick up from goin bigger??

I wouldn't go bigger than a 48. Yeah, you might gain a couple hp with a bigger carb, but chances are you aren't going to be able to keep it in tune long enough to make use of it. Remember, the bigger the carburetor, the harder it will be to tune it.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (Koolguyson @ Jun 11 2009, 10:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=46209I wouldn't go bigger than a 48. Yeah, you might gain a couple hp with a bigger carb, but chances are you aren't going to be able to keep it in tune long enough to make use of it. Remember, the bigger the carburetor, the harder it will be to tune it.
Yeah thats what im thinking 48mm should be plenty

·
Registered
767 Posts
Just remember, if you start with the 48 and want more, good ol Tim at Titan can bore that baby for you!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.