ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Distilled water?? Engine ice? dex-cool? What works best?

I read that pure distilled water works the best?? Just wanted to see what other are using

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
plane ol tap water for me... I would not use coolent on a nickaseled cylinder.... if you lose an o ring the coolent can cause the plating to peal.....

·
Registered
101 Posts
Engine ice and big radiator works great for me.

·
Registered
507 Posts
QUOTE (badassbanshee479 @ Mar 13 2009, 10:54 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=34408plane ol tap water for me... I would not use coolent on a nickaseled cylinder.... if you lose an o ring the coolent can cause the plating to peal.....
this is interesting. I have never heard that it would do that.

I run distilled water and Redline water wetter was well.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
distilled water and water wetter.

in winter or chance of freezing i run 50/50 distilled and green coolant.

my water temps on alky run after run after run back to back run in the 170 area.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
50/50 anti-freeze for me.. just a little 4 mill stock cylinder with stock radiator so far. been 3 1/2 years on the same build so far, still 218lbs of compression in both cylinders too.

·
Registered
107 Posts
50/50 DI water with green dex cool. I do mine this way to keep the cold weather from damaging the motor.

I used to run water wetter in my drag car and it work nicely,droped about 7 degrees off the temp according to my logs on the laptop but it was only something I used during the hotter months.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.