ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so i ordered my 4 mill crank but i jsut got off the phone wiht them and they have sold out and said mine was on back order. WTF

What is the differnce between
1. Hotrods crank
2 4 mm crank

HOw muhc faster is the 4 mill crank

Im building a 421 cub, should i jsut get my 4 mill from someone else. They told me i could still get the same amount of power from the hotrods crank trued/ welded.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Crankworks is where I get all of my cranks. Since they generally last me 5 yrs + I think they build the best ones out there. I just had my 7MM crank rebuilt and they told me that they had never seen one this old look this good in a long time.

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
My crankworks crank was used when I got it, I put a TZ on the PTO and got it welded.
On it's third season of abuse by me...and it's holding up very nicely.

After seeing a buddy break a billet crank, I'll be sticking to a forged crank in my bikes...

Hotrods or crankworks are just fine....getting them properly trued and welded is the key....

·
Registered
396 Posts
Buddy of ours got a vito crank- surprisingly it was already trued and welded- and wasn't a bad price either- but this may of been stock crank also-

·
Registered
125 Posts
QUOTE (M&M ATV @ Aug 14 2009, 08:04 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=53233Wiesco and hotrods have no ties anymore the split ways a year or so ago. We carry both and both are great cranks imo.
thats right, crankworks sell hodrods cranks also both 4's and 10's... Dana I see a ton of vito's cranks in here and I wont sell them
PS the speed of dark is 186,001 miles per second lol

·
Registered
396 Posts
per second, per second is that like to the 2nd power or something-

as for who doesn't know, I been in the Automotvie business for the last 20 years-
I have been noticing that bearings and such are all being made overseas-

Bubba and I have been comparing the bearing that have been coming on the cranks-
the vitos did have taiwan bearings- (which are better than china- maybe not much but a little better). We have a friend of ours that had crankworks crank done, it had a hot rod rod kits on it.
the rod maybe OK but what about the lower bearing? of course he paid to have the TZ or if you want to call them the max load bearings on it. this is a 7mm-stock cyl-

but I am not even sure if vito offers a 4 mill- but I am always listening for more info and ideas-
Can't let Bubba be the smart one all of the time-

what if one day I have to work on my own

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.