ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a pic sent etc from a few guys i just want to make sure before i go drilling a hole where the absolute best place to drill and tap my cheetah cy's is for my fuel pump?

Looking for all oppinions and pics from any1 that has some input thanks Mark

·
Registered
550 Posts
I have heard of two places. The cases and the intakes.

The builder of the Cheetah I had, always runs the ones to the left intake. His reason was because the fuel pump will get more fuel to it. The tap was just behind the reeds(closer to the cylinder).

I have heard the reasoning behind putting the tap into the cases is because it will suck a little of the case pressure. I'm not sure where they put them.

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
I prefer the intake as well.
They only need so much pressure/pulse signal.

If you wanted a cleaner, hidden pulse fitting, they make a 90 degree barb that you can put on the bottom of the intake as well.

My cylinder is tapped in the right side intake Doc, I wonder why he prefers the left side...

I've also learned something over the past few weeks. You can increase/decrease the pump pulse signal by decreasing/increasing the length of the pulse feed line.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.