ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
You can cut the fenders on your bike. The best way I have tried is to draw your lines (where you want to cut) with masking tape, then break out the jigsaw and cut along that line. Take a file or some sandpaper and smooth out the edges.

What kind of paintjob are you looking for? Something crazy or just a nice single color paintjob?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
He's to skeerd to cut his own .I told him to use pinstripe that way u can move it around till it looks good. Come on Jimbo i have faith in ya brother u can do it.. Go buy some pinstripe and play with it.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Pinstripe would be an excellent choice for marking the fenders!!

Don't be scared! Just take your time and be careful when you're doing it. Look around the net, check out different fender cuts and pick something you really like, or come up with your own style. It's really easy, I was nervous the first time I did it, but I took my time and the outcome was better than expected!

Are you wanting true fire flames or classic flames? Sorry for asking so much, I just know a painter (the one who did mine) and he does a great job with single colors, etc. He can do flames, but I believe only classic flames. He doesn't airbrush, therefore can't do "true fire"

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I've cut 3 shee's 4 raptors and a couple 450's using pinstrip and it took awhile till it looked good. Then i used a jigsaw with a semi fine blade with good results.It just takes time until u like the pattern.

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Here are my painted yfz plastics. The guy that did mine no longer does them so I couldn't refer you to him. I believe the paint is black zirconic pearl sparkle?? Or something like that. I have a terrible memory.

·
Registered
1,003,688 Posts
damn mary... i forgot all about ur plastic being painted !! sorry kiddo ...

yep, thats a bad azz paint job... i bet it shines in the sun light..

but pearl sparkle ??? lol !!! no sparkles on my bikes !!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.