·
Registered
1,003,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope .. not a bit !!! cool as a cat... not me , i hate hieghts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Looks like she had an awsome time!! Looks like so much fun!

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Very nice it looks like they did a good job staying stable and they landed on their feet. Since we are on the topic I will tell the story about my wife skydiving. I used to skydive all the time and was really in to it. I finally talked my wife (girl friend at the time) in to jumping tandem one day after at least a year of trying. I headed to my house to grab my gear and as I pulled in our drive way she backed out of going. Here is the bad part. It was 10:30 am when she backed out. The drop zone was a 20 minute drive from my house. Because I went all the time I was friends with the owner and jump masters so we wouldn’t have had any waits she would have taken the 1 hour class and we would have been on the 12pm flight. That flight crashed and killed 7 people, 5 of which were my friends, and one was a tandem student. I am not sure why I told that story it just made me think about my lost friends. I still say skydiving is very safe and EVERYONE should at least try it. Height really isn't an issue because you're so high you don't really have a perspective of how high you are. You should do it with your wife next time she wants to go. Take the AFF class its worth the money. Tell her good job from an old skydiver.

·
Registered
1,003,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
QUOTE (little cubbie @ Sep 22 2008, 09:27 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11267that looked awesome! where did they jump at?
other side of paris... she jumped with john. this was his second time. about 3 hrs from here..

she bought another jump.. i might go next time..

dunejumper.... that story really sucks.
i ve always said ,things happen for a reason, thats how i live my life. i dont stress about anything really. if something bad happens .. o well it was suppose to . i never look back.

sorry to hear about ur friends... is that why u quit diving ?

·
Registered
507 Posts
how high were they when they jumped? 1min 15sec free fall is like 10-12k?

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
QUOTE (kawiking @ Sep 22 2008, 10:24 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11279sorry to hear about ur friends... is that why u quit diving ?

Thanks about my friends and no thats that not why I stopped. About two months later they crashed another plane. Everyone had all ready jumped and when landing the pilot flipped it over some how but he walked away unhurt. The FAA shut them down before they could crash their last plane. After that I had to drive over an hour to get to a drop zone and I didn't go as often. That turned in to not going at all before I knew it. I still wouldn't say I quit I will start jumping again someday when I have the time to get back in to it. Everyone always says, "why would you jump out of a perfectly good plane" my responce from experiance is, " it wouldn't be at a drop zone if it was a perfectly good plane". I have never been in a skydive plane that didn't have duct tape on something. You should really go with her and both of you do the AFF class. BLUE SKIES....

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Fast math is 10 seconds for the first 1000 then 5 seconds for every 1000 after that. But tandem you have the pilot chute in tow I think they fall a touch slower

·
Registered
1,003,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
QUOTE (dunejumper @ Sep 22 2008, 03:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11308Fast math is 10 seconds for the first 1000 then 5 seconds for every 1000 after that. But tandem you have the pilot chute in tow I think they fall a touch slower
yea... their the last ones to land. bigger chutes

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
looks like a blast!! I wanna try it one of these days!

sorry to hear about your friends dunejumper

·
Registered
172 Posts
i have went twice and loved it......my wife went with me once and she wanted to back out. she ended up going and loved it aswell.

i did it in Arizona with mountains in the view. i love how you go from falling fast as hell to peace and quiet after the chute is out. and you have the best view on earth while you are slowly falling towards earth

1 - 18 of 18 Posts