ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hopefully you guys here can help me out. i got a 4 mill cub that was just converted to alky. the bike was dynoed and supposedly ran great . since than ,about 3 weeks , it sat in my garage . so heres the problem i bought new alky mixed it 20:1 and the bike would not start, well sometimes it would but it would not rev at all. any way i loaded it up and went to the races and changed the plugs out (ngkb9es) gapped at .017. the bike started and revved fine so i shut off. about an hour later getting ready to race i started the bike and it revved fine again so i went to test it out and it fell on its face no rev no power nothing. im running 39pwk cabs . it seems that the right side is running fine but the left side cuts in and out. i could hold it wide open and would not rev. can you old pros send me in the right direction . thank you

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
Check all your grounds, check kill switches, etc., by pass them if necessary.

badassbanshee had a similar problem on his 4 mil cub, ended up being a faulty kill switch.

Check the simple things, like flywheel to pickup gap, moisture under the ignition cover, etc.
When you check the gap, check the pickup on both nubs. .015 to .018 is where I like mine.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah we cleaned the carbs but that didnt seem to work either im going to change the coil out . i run a nology right now but am going to try a stock one .hope that works. thanks for your input ill check everything out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.