ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well to good to let this pass up 1990 Eagle Talon TSI AWD..... I have two of them now and lots of spare good parts to make one good one. Have about $1600 in both cars and each one have perfect interiors...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, still gathering parts for my LS1 project....So Sorry, No Dice 2slo!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
TRex , back in the late 80s and early 90s when I was a street racer those cars came out and I was all excited but they didnt pan out as a fast car like the rice burners are now. Can they be fast like the Lancer EVO , or other mitsus, hondas, or Impreza WRX? I see em cheap all the time. Back in the 80s Omni GLH turbos were the king of the little street cars , that and the GLHS were the only 14 second 4 bangers.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Radar yes there is a ton of improvements on bolt-on items for these 4G63 engines in these cars. Yes the weak link is the transmissions but also have improvements for them as well. I am hoping for 12.50 ET and 27mpg out of mine with good porting and tunning. Around 17 to 20lbs of boost maybe water/alky injection as well.

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
Cool. They were about 16.40-60 second cars stock which made me not trade my 89 daytona for one. I regret deeply not trading for the 86 grand national I coulda had. I love turbo cars , only have the Duramax now.

·
Registered
203 Posts
there is one of them running at the local track that is in the mid 10's they can run

·
Registered
550 Posts
Sweet Ernie! I didn't know you liked dropping rice! Hahahaha!

Ever heard of the DSM Shootout? Happens every year in Norwalk, OH. It's a great time. Only requirement to compete is to have a 4g63 powered car. Fastest out there was sub-8's I believe. Radar, check them out, they can be extremely quick cars!

- doc

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes 300hp is very easy to get with these cars. I have two friends with WRX's that are going to be in for a surprise with 23 year old Japan cars.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Radar I have had two Grand Nationals 87 models, really fast cars but nickel and dimed me to death. Always something was going wrong with the transmissions or electrical, and leaked oil everywhere I went.

·
Registered
374 Posts
got a friend who daily drives his 91 talon. runs 9.20's in the quarter. sick car. best feeling is leaving a light ahead of a vette...sideway spinning all 4 tires. i had an eclipse with a 4g63 in it...mine was a gs-t. made 430whp...fun car to drive. still got 24mpg when i stayed out of boost. that black one looks clean.

·
Registered
328 Posts
i put a new clutch in mine and forgot to hook vacuum line to wastegate now i have a turbonetics t04b turbo to put on just sucks its a t3 flange gotta make a 3inch outlet for exhaust

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am running a EVO III GT 16G turbo, more than likely going to have it rebuilt before I get the car running. Maybe 15 to 20 lbs of boost with water/alky injection.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts