ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you guys have any tips for the YFZ? I think I am at the limits with a stock bore and stroke, but I want to be sure. I have went up against some guys who SAID they were stock bore and stroke, and they were blowing by people like it was nothing. I lightened up the frame that helped a little but looking to see if there was anything else I can do.

Any tips would help. Thanks.

13.5:1
Web +5's
Intake
Bored Carb
Port and Polish
Nmotion oof

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
Have you ran any times?

How is your chassis setup arm length, paddle size and amount?

Chassis weight??

·
Registered
89 Posts
alky, NOS, turbo, (likes stated) Tires, arm....

My brother notice a big jump when he switched from 110 to alky and its not going to cost you too much to have the carb converted.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not ran any times yet. I dropped everything off the chassis that I did not need. +8 with 22x11x8 10 paddle extremes.

If I would go to alky I would get a lectron.

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
I have not tryed alky on my wifes stock bore yet, but we are getting about 57hp out of it on 110 race fuel.

bike weights 263#'s full of fuel and the wheelie bar on it.

Are you electric start or kickstart?

You could throw some nos @ it and safely get away with a 20shot.

What size is your carb now?

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
What type of intake set-up do you have.

·
Registered
41 Posts
When I was talking to racers edge about my 700 they told me they were getting 65 out of a stock bore/stroke 450. Have you ported the head? I run a 14 to 1 on my 700 and love it. I just need to get a better tune. Anyone have any reccomendations locally? I live near Dallas

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Nice quad, it looks a lot like mine!!!

Have you put it on a dyno yet to see where you are at?

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
QUOTE (BBIII @ Aug 28 2008, 06:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=9564Sorry but i dont belive 65hp out of a stock bore.

I am going to have to agree with BBIII on this. I haven't seen any, but I have seen a 60rwhp stock bore and stroke and it will be at Sandfest this month.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That is my next step. Is to put it on the dyno.

Sorry it has been a couple of days due to the hurricane.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
GYTR CDI

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
QUOTE (way2slow @ Sep 13 2008, 09:43 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=10664Your right, I was talking to them the other day and they got 61 on oxy fuel I believe.
I try really to dought anyone but i have yet (but this is just me) to see a stock bore get over 60hp and there are only a few that i know of that have been able to get 60hp.

I know a dyno is only a tuning tool but you know what i mean.

I will post up my graph's of my wifes Stock bore after we dyno it @ Ls to see where it is @.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.